• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Anime Film Reveals New Promo Video, More Cast, Theme Song Artis

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:12 pm Reply with quote
If the movie is as bad as the show, I'm sure all the viewers will have a good nap.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I guess I shouldn't be that surprised they couldn't wait to stick Lina in there. By the looks of it she's going to work with Tatsuya, but their suits will prevent them from actually meeting so they can maintain the novel events for future seasons.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
GARNiDELiA does it again. New girl tho.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I guess I shouldn't be that surprised they couldn't wait to stick Lina in there. By the looks of it she's going to work with Tatsuya, but their suits will prevent them from actually meeting so they can maintain the novel events for future seasons.
This takes place after the visitors arc in the canon timeline though

OT: Awesome, I like the casting for Lina's VA as well. I'm getting more hyped for this movie.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
T.Silver wrote:

Does it? I don't recall reading that anywhere. Most anime movies like this pick up where their TV adaptations left off.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
T.Silver wrote:

Does it? I don't recall reading that anywhere. Most anime movies don't jump ahead like that.
Its stated that this takes place during spring break at the end of their first year, so yeah timeline speaking it takes place between volumes 11 and 12. Satou also said in a recent interview that this movie will be really enjoyable for the fans who have read volumes 8-11 as well.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
I'm psyched also great to see Yōko Hikasa is voicing Angelina in her Anime debut. Hope it does well I liked the TV series and the Light Novel is one of my favorite Light Novel series. Also nice to see GARNiDELiA performing the theme song as well.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote
Wow that poster looks really terrible.

Gotta admit though there's something incredibly hilarious about the fact that they went from Madhouse to 8bit. Like... wow. Talk about a downgrade. Not that Madhouse was putting in their best effort with the show anyway.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Gotta admit though there's something incredibly hilarious about the fact that they went from Madhouse to 8bit. Like... wow. Talk about a downgrade. Not that Madhouse was putting in their best effort with the show anyway.

I was under the impression that 8-bit's quality was pretty good... Walkure Romanze, IS (shit but the quality of the animation was dope), Grisaia (if you don't count S1, the anime was a 10/10 pacing wise), Absolute D....oh. Forget what i said.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for this, although it's really too bad they skipped Lina's arc and simply inserted her into the movie. I would have loved to have seen those books animated.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Except that most of the key staff that worked on the anime are working on this, so the fact that 8bit is behind this is irrelevant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1