• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Beauty & The Beast Couples [2017-03-11]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jutsuri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote
Soval wrote:

In Sesshomaru's case, it was a different kind of love, paternal love, that changed him as a person. He was definitely a beast, and Rin fills the "beauty" role by taming his human-hating, uncaring impulses.

Either way, both fit very well in the "Beauty and the Beast" archetype.

I totally agree about Inuyasha and Kagome, but as for Rin and Sesshoumaru I think 'Cutie and the Beast' would be way more accurate Anime catgrin
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:46 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So you're saying that a website that compiles reviews from professional critics is only a problem if the result is critical of something you like? Have you ever considered the possibility of raising your own standards above... well, you only cite generalizations but only two titles come to my mind when it comes to people boycotting Rotten Tomatoes. And I'm not touching... or watching... either of them.

I'll take those kind of reviewers over the cheerleaders who you never can tell are getting paid directly or are allowed access to early screenings just to set a positive push.

And I got to ask: are part of those "minuscule reasons" are matters of technique like editing and framing... the very nuts and bolts of filmmaking itself? I have to ask because of those two movies I mentioned are notorious for being bad examples of film because of lacking those two... miniscule... things.

My standards are fine where they are, and I have no idea what two films you're referring to, so you can drop the passive-aggressive insults. I prefer judging a movie for myself is what I'm saying. I'm not boycotting Rotten Tomatoes either, so please don't make things up. It was simply the first site I thought of.

And no, the minuscule reasons have nothing to do with editing or framing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:
I've read enough reviews to have a good idea how Bill Condon turned a ninety-minute animated movie into a two-hour one. 'Nuff said. Confused

That tells me nothing at all. I don't trust other people's reviews for the most part anyway, since you've got garbage websites like Rotten Tomatoes, which are full of bitter old folks and middle-aged "professionals" who rip on every movie for the most minuscule reasons.

Same. I pretty much only trust the reviews of people who I know have similar tastes to me....like Doug Walker.

Even then, I may disagree with him once in a while. Still, when he reviews garbage kiddie movies like Chipwrecked and yells about everything wrong with them and shows all the worst scenes, I can easily assume I won't need to see them in order to hate them. Anime hyper

I want to like this new B&B movie....but it's just going to be very very hard to outdo the 90s film. It is Disney's Magnum Opus. If it's just as good as, that would be great. If it's almost as good as, that would still be great.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Let's keep things on topic please and not about reviews of the live action movie and people's assumptions based on those reviews. Thanks.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote
I agree with Kyo and Tohru .
RyuuGP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 am Reply with quote
Another example: Haruyuki (pig) and Kuroyukihime (butterfly). I'm also surprised that there are no Inuyasha and Kagome.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:06 am Reply with quote
Umm, why was the picture of Takeo & Rinko in the site banner link changed?

Mark Gosdin
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
How the hell is the best couple Holo x Lawrence not on this list?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:24 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
How the hell is the best couple Holo x Lawrence not on this list?

Because the beauty and the beast are the same individual??? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3