• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, March 6-12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 am Reply with quote
YES! YU-GI-OH! THE DARK SIDE OF DOMINATIONS! WOOOOOO! Best selling home release in the series. DAT MANGA LOVE! MANGA MASTER RACE! Original manga story line is best story line. Well done, Kaz! UTAPRI aint got nothing on it.

Ao no Bomba. Sausage Party charted. Nice.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
Man, thats sad for Blue Exorcist, but i guess thats what you get when you wait too long for a sequel.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:
Man, thats sad for Blue Exorcist, but i guess thats what you get when you wait too long for a sequel.

Yep. I was hoping for the Kyoto Saga to do well to see more anime content in the near future, but I assume that possibility is gone. Disappointing.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions is bringing in quite a hefty score!
Keijo, sadly, just can't seem to turn up a good number...
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
DatRandomDude wrote:

Yep. I was hoping for the Kyoto Saga to do well to see more anime content in the near future, but I assume that possibility is gone. Disappointing.

The possibility is right there. I think is the most selling manga on Jump SQ, with the latest volume having at least 500,000 copies. But even then, this is one of those shonen series that are not seen by much public, yet some people sell it as a popular one. BTW, Is next week´s chapter the last one?

On another note, man, it seems that that myth of Japan loving wish-fullfillment in their ecchi or harem series over good writing in them is true after all. Why is Keijo selling so little? Yet a garbage like HybridXHeart sells a damn lot. Mad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
On another note, man, it seems that that myth of Japan loving wish-fullfillment in their ecchi or harem series over good writing in them is true after all. Why is Keijo selling so little? Yet a garbage like HybridXHeart sells a damn lot. Mad

As I've stated plenty of times on this forum, Keijo has no wish fulfillment male character insert. It also has no overt nudity. That's why it sells much less than a trash harem.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
DatRandomDude wrote:

The possibility is right there. I think is the most selling manga on Jump SQ, with the latest volume having at least 500,000 copies. But even then, this is one of those shonen series that are not seen by much public, yet some people sell it as a popular one.

I thought a shonen manga adaptation's success is measured by how much the manga sales increase, not how much the anime discs sell. If Blue Exorcist volumes are selling well, there's hope for an OVA or another season! I want to see Kamiki's arc and Shura's arc animated so much, and this season has been fantastic! Kamiki's arc (the Illuminati arc) is long and might take a whole season. Shura's arc is really short and can probably be told in a couple of OVAs...the manga sales just need to increase a bit more...
Quote:
BTW, Is next week´s chapter the last one?

Why do you think that? Blue Exorcist is right in the middle of an arc and doesn't seem near close to finishing any time soon. I haven't heard any announcements about it reaching its climax.

In other news, Yuri on Ice vol 3 has sold of 40, 500 copies! W00t!

And Sausage Party bombed, which isn't surprising at all. I read reviews of it (haven't seen it), and it seems the only thing the movie had going for it besides raunchy comedy was a brutal, satirical takedown of religious beliefs. It impressed some critics here, but I doubt it would have the same impact in Japan.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
BTW, Is next week´s chapter the last one?

Quote:
Why do you think that? Blue Exorcist is right in the middle of an arc and doesn't seem near close to finishing any time soon. I haven't heard any announcements about it reaching its climax.

I referred to the next anime chapter, because I thought there was going to be 13 episodes when they are 12, I think[/quote]
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
SkerllyF wrote:

As I've stated plenty of times on this forum, Keijo has no wish fulfillment male character insert. It also has no overt nudity. That's why it sells much less than a trash harem.

Trash harem isnt selling shit now lol
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:

I referred to the next anime chapter, because I thought there was going to be 13 episodes when they are 12, I think

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the manga.

I can't seem to find a total episode number for this season, but the episode that aired this past Friday was ep 10, so even if there are only 12 episodes, there are 2 left. I also found out that an OVA will be released with the 19th manga volume in April--that should boost sales of the manga!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1