• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
GhostD wrote:
Cant blame them for skipping some parts. I did a little digging and it looks like this really is only a 10 ep season meaning next week will be the last ep.

Can you link to a source on that? Because I haven't seen anything pointing to that.

Various resources like Wikipedia list only 10 episodes. While I can't pinpoint a specific source, Blurays listed on places like cdjapan only list 5 volumes, with last volume having episodes 9 and 10 as per description.

Edit; Here's a post by Chris Beveridge over at fandompost mentioning it as well as other release info;
Second ‘Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!’ Japanese Anime Season DVD/BD Release Schedule Set
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
GhostD wrote:
Cant blame them for skipping some parts. I did a little digging and it looks like this really is only a 10 ep season meaning next week will be the last ep.

Can you link to a source on that? Because I haven't seen anything pointing to that.

I didn't post any link on purpose since my so-called digging was simply going to some anime streaming sites and forums

EDIT I also found Blanchimont's link but I had no means of proving that just cos only 5 vols were listed it meant that there were only 10 eps
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Looking at the way they retold the story I can confirm this season will finish the Alcanretia arc by the next episode. However, I don't know if they'll include the cliffhanger the 4th volume ended with, that depends on whether a third season happens or not.
Yaafm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Found the review a little off. Episode 9 was the 2nd or 3rd funniest episode for the season for me. Kept laugh all through it.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow... the animation quality during Aqua's God's Blow attack Shocked... well I guess know we know how the majority of the budget was spent. Pretty much a perfect ending for me, the only shame being that I was kinda hoping for a new season announcement at end like last time
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
The god blow and god requiem animation was spectacular and Wiz stepping up was a sight to see. Plus it's really a delight to see how much the main 3 girls truly rely on and respect kazuma despite his many faults and how he reciprocates in kind, but for someone who has high luck he sure dies quite a bit. Laughing
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
The ending was AMAZING I never expected Konosuba to pull such EPIC S**T at the end. Let us hope for yet another season in this Wonderful World ;D
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but who does that make the woman he was in the bath with?

lets just say that spoiler[she's much closer to Kazuma's group than anyone thought]
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
This kind of anime original ending actually scared me (if it weren't for what Kazuma said in the credits). In the LN, the Axis cult was never supposed to be up there, Kazuma didn't die to Hans, and Zesta, the leader of the Axis cult, is the one who finds out Aqua's identity. Really hoping a third season gets announced later this year, the story hasn't gotten to its best parts yet.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
lets just say that spoiler[she's much closer to Kazuma's group than anyone thought]

Meow?
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I was actually disappointed that they beat Hans with a display of raw, brute force. With all the setup of the last few episodes I really expected him to get beaten by having a bunch of Axis Church soap shoved into him. Laughing
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Meow?

was thinking more of spoiler[the dragon in their wagon at the caravan]

on another note, so from what we can infer from the bits and pieces said here and there, wiz was an adventurer that actually did make it to the demon king's castle but died fighting him then got revived (?) as one of his generals. seems like a cool backstory, hope we get to see it at least as a retelling of that world's lore, though that is not the type of show konosuba is
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
How can this show be so consistently funny when most anime humor falls so damned-ably flat?

Does anime just tend to attract less than comedically talented authors, or is it primarily cultural differences in comedy that keep most anime's jokes from landing, or both, or something else entirely...?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Probably cultural. From what I've seen from reviewers, one's appreciation of manzai routines is important to finding anime comedy funny, as it is heavy in that kind of comedy. Of course execution is an important factor, and this does oversimplify the breadth of anime comedy. Though I think when you focus on pure comedy anime (specifically excluding romantic ones), there is more consistent quality but of course ymmv.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that's one thing that I absolutely love from konosuba, it's a comedy and nothing more. They haven't tried to become a regular battle shonnen or romance or harem or anything like that. No pointless drama focus episode either. That's what kill most anime comedy for me, comedy become secondary along the way and you end up with entire episode without any joke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13