• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Anime's Promo Video Previews Opening Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
There are 3 things I like about CGI Berserk:
1 - The opening themes, pretty dam|\| fitting if you ask me. I can see myself rocking to them for a while.
2 - The 2D art, it looks very nice.
3 - The opportunity it grants me to make fun of how hilariously atrocious the CG, the directing, the animation, the cinematography and the script is!!! Laughing
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
It's been so many times that I don't even have the energy to say anything about this anime anymore. I just hope I can delete it from my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
What makes me sad is we will never actually see the story end. The things been running a little after i was born and doesnt even look close to finished. Mangas been running since 89 and not a single member of the god hand is dead.

I've basically given up on berserk and can only find joy in the occasional video game they put out. It will be a eternal disappointment such a amazing series will never get the love it deserves.
scriver058

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 am Reply with quote
Never fails, head to a topic about the new Berserk anime and see the hate rain down. I for one enjoyed the first cour of this series, not denying that the CGI has problems but it's roughness fits Berserk, and everything else was pretty on point. Looking forward to these new eps.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:11 am Reply with quote
scriver058 wrote:
Never fails, head to a topic about the new Berserk anime and see the hate rain down. I for one enjoyed the first cour of this series, not denying that the CGI has problems but it's roughness fits Berserk, and everything else was pretty on point. Looking forward to these new eps.

And I am the proud conductor of that hate train ~CHOO CHOO~ Laughing (have fun watching it though)
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
I really liked the first season. All the same I was hoping they'd switch to full 2D animation for this one. Still, it didn't bother me enough last season to make me stop watching it so i will continue to do so.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
Griffith looks decent, and the song's nice. Everything else...isn't very impressive, especially Guts, but hoping they won't try to cram tons of material and slow things down this time, though I doubt it.
kamui85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
goosebumps! a showdown 20 years in the making! i could care less for the CG!
Enturax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote
Even the song seems to be a typical crappy high-pitch'd Anime song. smh
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Like Ghostbusters 2016, making a storm out of something that´s not as bad as the public makes it seem. The true garbage CG series of spring 2017 is Ao Oni, by studio Deen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEe8U6RYeiE
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Like Ghostbusters 2016, making a storm out of something that´s not as bad as the public makes it seem. The true garbage CG series of spring 2017 is Ao Oni, by studio Deen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEe8U6RYeiE
Spring 2017? You're quite late, it already aired in theaters, and I've already saw it.

It was way worse than what this trailer make it looks like. It was a bit shorter than an hour, and if it was longer, I wouldn't have stuck till the end.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 am Reply with quote
And to think there's a Japan-only PS2 game based on this arc that came out over a decade ago, with a much better orchestral score and even have the 90s anime Japanese cast to boot. Rolling Eyes

I slogged through the mediocrity that last year's Berserk adaptation offered up and I'm not digging in for seconds this time around unless things are a significant improvement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1