• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If you could have access to your own anime cyborg in real life, who would you pick?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
If you could have access in real life, to your own greatly admired anime cyborg, how would you seriously or humorously use your cyborg's powers to fight crime in our real world ?
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote
Um... specifically to fight crime? I dunno. Makoto Kusanagi feels like the obvious choice here. Nothing else really comes to mind for that purpose, especially if it HAS to be a robot and not a magical being or a demon or something. Feels like a rather limited question, even with my wide knowledge of anime. Maybe a Pacifista from One Piece, since it's shown that they can identify criminals immediately despite whatever disguises they wear.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
None:

To begin with a cyborg is a modified human. Presumably they would not be under your control and would have their own ideas on the subject.

Secondly what you are proposing is vigilante justice. Crime fighting is the province of the duly authorized authorities. Essentially the cyborg in question would be taking orders from the local chief of police or other equivalent superior.

@#868405

As part of your original post you are supposed to provide your own answer. What is your take on the question?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

@#868405

As part of your original post you are supposed to provide your own answer. What is your take on the question?

As Alan pointed out when you create a new thread for discussion here we expect the OP to provide their own thoughts or answer their own questions.
Night fox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Secondly what you are proposing is vigilante justice. Crime fighting is the province of the duly authorized authorities. Essentially the cyborg in question would be taking orders from the local chief of police or other equivalent superior.

What if the cyborg were a professional bounty hunter? Granted, in most of the world it's an illegal practice, but in the US bounty hunters have been part of the law enforcement system since 1872. From what I understand, some states even allow bounty hunters to operate without any formal training and they generally don't require a license. Smile
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
@Night fox

Bounty Hunters are not crime fighters in the superhero tradition. They have a very limited scope to their activities involving fugitives. Also since they are licensed and documented they come under the heading of "duly authorized" however poorly they are monitored in some jurisdictions. Armed Security Guards and guards at civilian jails fall under the same category.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1