• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
this si a similar situation to rezero where what has been adapted is less than one third of the already written material, except that konosuba has already gotten the rest of it's novels published unlike that one.

MiloTheFirst wrote:
seems like a cool backstory, hope we get to see it at least as a retelling of that world's lore, though that is not the type of show konosuba is

well megumin has her own series by the same author and it's alreayd 4 light novels volumes longer than what has been adapted of the main series.
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
They haven't tried to become a regular battle shonnen or romance or harem or anything like that.

Sorry to disappoint you but the story does get a little bit romance/harem - y later down the line (without losing its comedic brilliance). Hope that won't throw you off if those parts get adapted.

Also @MiloTheFirst, let me just tell you spoiler[ Tuor_of_Gondolin is closer to the truth ]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather takea break form the main plot adn get megumin's spinoff adapted, kind of what is getting done with danmachi.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
this si a similar situation to rezero where what has been adapted is less than one third of the already written material, except that konosuba has already gotten the rest of it's novels published unlike that one.

Wait, I thought Re:Zero only had one volume past the anime ending at the time which was still rather recent?

Also, both seasons of konosuba only cover 4 volumes? I figured it would be more like 6 since they seemed to skip some stuff like Wiz being introduced.

maximilianjenus wrote:
well megumin has her own series by the same author and it's alreayd 4 light novels volumes longer than what has been adapted of the main series.

Best girl has her own series... Sounds like you've read it so is it as funny as the original?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Is there enough material for a 3rd season, or we've hit the final 4th wall on this? It seems to be left hanging in there. Though the end bit did feel final.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Is there enough material for a 3rd season, or we've hit the final 4th wall on this?

They've only covered 4 of the 10 novels. There are also 3 Megumin & YunYun spinoff novels.
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Is there enough material for a 3rd season, or we've hit the final 4th wall on this? It seems to be left hanging in there. Though the end bit did feel final.

6 main story volumes,4 explosion spinoff volumes and 1 consulting with vanir spinoff volume left. Plenty of stuff left to adapt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13