• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Nice sports festival episode. I really like the excitement of the buildup from Kanna wanting Kobayashi to attend with Toru to the actual competition. Ruby and Kanna took the spotlight imo this week.

Good stuff. I really like the chemistry between those two. Between the festival, we still got some humorous moments from that Elma and Quetzalcoatl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I am so happy that Fafnir got to make his addition for the play, dang right that story needed magical girls. That the fact he made them fight each other made it even better, I suppose he is the type really into Magical girl raising project. Another favourite bit was how the instructions of acting for Tohru turned into her becoming vicious. Also Shouta needed to be made to crossdress.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

The play was great, got a lot of laughs from the performance especially by Fafnir and Kanna. Those two have a lot of talent! That last part was also amusing with Toru's "gift" to Kobayashi. Gee, I wonder what it was though..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Gee, I wonder what it was though..

Well the obvious guess is a vibrator or some other type of sex toy. A nude figurine of Tohru herself, maybe? Perhaps we'll learn the answer in a future episode, though this series hasn't shown much in the way of continuity.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
@Stark700

It was from the "other" world, it was to be ground up and put on the back. I assume it was monstrous and not completely inanimate. I do think that leaving it up to our imaginations was more effective than anything they could have drawn.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
Good guesses!

I guess it'll leave the viewers to their imagination Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Thinking about the episode, initially I just want to let a laugh at small preview joke of Kanna trying to pressure Elma to give her money.

I have been assuming this would only be 12 episodes long, but clearly there is a plot thread hanging over Tohru's relationship with her father, this episode only built it up further. Made me wonder if they plan on leaving one episode for it or, leaving it for another season, I imagine this show is doing well. But I really am not basing the amount on much, and looking at past I could be wrong. Clearly this show is KyoAni's new Lucky Star and Nichijou, and both of those were double length.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
Kanna really is the breakout star of the show, for me. The combination of her character design, seiyuu and her actual character are perfect. This show could be called Kanna and the Peeps She Hangs Out With, afaic.

Loved everything around the kotatsu. I've never seen one in real life, but I wonder if they are fire hazards? And are their safeguards for making sure you can't accidently burn your legs or other body parts that are shoved under the flaps of the kotatsu? I have to assume the heating element is behind metal mesh or something.

I hope this is a two-cours, for sure. We'll either find out next week or the week after.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
Well, Blood-, there is a spin-off manga that centers around Kanna titled, "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Kanna's Everyday Life". I have yet to see it myself, but I really hope to, as I love Kanna to death!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Good to know! It's needs its own anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

That was such a fun New Years theme episode.

Everyone looked great in their kimono outfit and seems to have enjoyed their holiday. Seeing Toru happy with Kanna and the others was heartwarming. That last scene killed me though LOL.

One more episode left. This has been such a fun ride so far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Lucoa's comment about dressing up from people commenting on her seems it might have been made to reactions of her character, which is kind of funny. Nice that we got to see how Kobayashi and Tohru met each other, and the connection they made, how it got to Tohru. I love how Kobayashi in her drunken stupor had the reaction upon seeing a dragon to hug her. And we also got a look at other Tohru past with a human acquaintance, filling in pieces of her character.

A good majority of episode was on how these dragons have fitted into and have a place in the world, that the ending set up something quite foreboding. It is almost certainly Tohru's father, and it looks like the other dragons will not be too much of a fan of him showing up. This did feel like the final piece that needed to be added, and will apparently be in the final episode next week.

Also cute moment of Tohru I think trying to convince Kanna to let her sit next to Kobayashi instead and Kanna quickly saying no.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Was it just same-face, or me, or did Tohru's human friend look like a long lost relative of Riko's? Hmmm.

For once I didn't mind Lucoa. It was sweet when she was playing getting exorcised and then Shouta was worried he'd actually gotten rid of her. There's room there for a nice relationship, if she'd just stop burying him alive in boobs.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quote
"Let me fondle your tits!" Laughing I forgot how hilarious drunk Kobayashi is.

Really enjoyed this eppie. It's obvious that Tohru is a "chaos" dragon the same way that Vignette from Gabriel DropOut is a "demon." Her refusal to kill the bandit/future maid shows she was all bark and no bite when it comes to humans even before she met Kobayashi.

One eppie left. I really hope they manage to stick the landing.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty startled by that line. Was it intended to certify that Kobayashi is also a lesbian? Up until now I thought it was equally likely that she was simply rather asexual despite her masculine style of dress. If she is a lesbian, she seems pretty unmoved by Tohru's obvious attraction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5