• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seiren (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I wonder if I have seen too many romance anime like this, because I was really bored all the way to the end. I really don't think I like how this handled romance where any actual romantic moments outside of pervy teasing moments were just kind of dead, like a sort of "friend zoning" like relationship before apparently romance blooms at the end and then fast forward to them married and a kid. It kind of just feels cheap for what should be involved in romance, like it feels like it is being marketed to guys who have an interest in a girl who have no interest back, but filling in the fantasy of saying don't worry because she totally will fall for them. The first heroine was kind of different as she was a bit more forward, but still nothing came out of it and they actually had a decision to not start dating, that you might not even call it romance.

Someone who created this series must have a deer fetish, because we had the being wet from deer in the first arc, that whole game thing and costume in the second, and again another deer costume in the final arc's episode, it did not come across as charming. Maybe there were some good stories on needing to be more serious on something you are passionate about, not being too competitive that it could scare others away, and whatever the deal was with the last arc of seeing the childhood friend as not just some kid. But again they did not actually feel well executed, and were kind of boring in the end. I can't call the characters that memorable, if I had to call out one, I think maybe his sister, which actually feels a little familiar with Amagami.

I give a rating of Not really good (4/10), which I think is indicative that despite things I did not like about it, I kind of did not hate it. Sure I was bored for stretches, but other things did interest me like certain parts of the personalities of the characters. In general there was nothing really wrong with animation and the like. Just kind of mediocre in the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3