• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Ayumi Yoshida/Kida

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soaker87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to add a credit for someone named 吉田あゆ美 for Digital Paint. And I assumed the reading would be Ayumi Yoshida. Problem was, when I went to add, it said that the name would be credited as Ayumi Kida, who is a seiyuu. (person#10940)

I guess there was a merge with this name, but I also see a few colorist roles on her page. Regardless of the correct reading, I doubt it's the same person as the seiyuu. So I guess it should be split? And before I add anything, is the colorist's name meant to be Ayumi Yoshida, or Kida?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
From what I can tell, the seiyuu was never known as "Ayumi Yoshida". Kida may have been misspelled as "Yoshida" at times because the kanji 喜 was mistakenly seen as 吉. But there probably shouldn't have been a replace-merge in place for such a common name. So I've split Yoshida back out. The colorist is almost certainly known as "Yoshida", and I think she's the only Ayumi Yoshida in the encyclopedia at this point. But I went with 吉田あゆ実 on her kanji name as I get far more hits in the Anime Staff Database for it (so it looks like the last kanji being 美 is an error in her case).
soaker87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for clearing that up. Now that I look at the source, it was 実. I just copied the wrong one. Well, that's what happens when doing too many things at once.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1