• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Love Live! School Idol Festival Project Teases New Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The silhouettes match the profiles of three of the "normal/generic" girls in the game, the ones who are mostly useful only as practice fodder for leveling up your more powerful cards. Perhaps a few of those normals are getting "promoted" to fully-featured characters in some way.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
No way!! A new group already!?!? What could this mean?? I think they're all normal cards..will we be getting songs from them too?

Last edited by kiminobokuwa on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
The silhouettes match the profiles of three of the "normal/generic" girls in the game, the ones who are mostly useful only as practice fodder for leveling up your more powerful cards. Perhaps a few of those normals are getting "promoted" to fully-featured characters in some way.

Yeah, they look a bit familiar. The middle one looks like Emma. I could be wrong though.
Serphirs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Those aren't new girls, they're just normal cards in the game. The generic girls.
Recently they did a poll to know which are the most liked normal girls, and the three silhouettes correspond to the three winners. But considering µ's and Aqours are nine girls, it's rumored that the nine most voted girl will conform a new group. Which are the following:

The three winner girls are Emma, Shizuku and Kanata.

Last edited by Serphirs on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Millhi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
WingKing wrote:

Yeah, they look a bit familiar. The middle one looks like Emma. I could be wrong though.

Yep they're all girls that are already in the game, will just have to wait what this perfect dream project will mean.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
If it continues the trend of Love Live, first part of course is giving the preset "default" girls Seiyuu, then following up by giving a few singles/group songs, and THEN hit it off with an anime series for the characters.
ChromeEagle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I love me some Kanata. I just call her Sleepy-chan.

makoto99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of curious to see what it is now. It would definitely be cool if it did lead to some anime side project.

Though I am a little bummed. Kanata is my favorite of the no-names, easily, but I don't really care for any of the other top 9. No Maria, Sana or Akiru Sad Bummer.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I like Ranpha. Smile
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The N girls are the poorest cards that you get in the mobile game. Looks like the N girls are going to get their revenge and overthrow µ's and Aqours. I cannot wait for more of this new project.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
makoto99 wrote:
I'm kind of curious to see what it is now. It would definitely be cool if it did lead to some anime side project.

Though I am a little bummed. Kanata is my favorite of the no-names, easily, but I don't really care for any of the other top 9. No Maria, Sana or Akiru Sad Bummer.

Yeah, similar for me. I'm curious too, and Koyuki and Shizuku would make my top 9, but half my favorite N girls are from Chitose, especially Ruu and Fumie, and no girls from that school made the cut.

Not to mention, thinking about a project that might feature Koyuki without Ryou, Coco without Yuuri, and Kanata without Haruka just feels weird...
UtsuhoReiuji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
Some people are panicking for no reason. This won't be a "Gen 3" - we're only 2 years into Aqours, which by the way still has a slew of content (2nd live, season 2, season 2 BD songs, etc). This will be a side project at best, maybe a voiced cameo or two in the anime, but not Aqours' replacement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1