• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: All Out!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm still loving the hell out of this show, definitely one of my favourite sports anime in recent years. I like how it gives room to all the Jinko players, their coach (and teacher) as well as to the rival,teams and even to their coaches.

I still know next to nothing about rugby but this show really managed to make me care about its characters which is more than enough for me. Smile
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm still enjoying this show, too, but with just 4 episodes to go, I can't see a good ending point coming up. It feels like the story has barely begun, and I don't think we'll see the team go through anything resembling a journey unless there's a second season. Even DAYS had more plot progression in 2 cours, and that was a way worse show.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
^I can see your point, but since " a journey" in sports anime usually equals endless tournament arcs which finally lead to Nationals or whatever (and bore me to death along the way...), i very much prefer the slow plot progression approach. Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

Ok, this series' faces are just getting totally out of control. Laughing

Too many balls to the face?

If dirty bathwater is such a problem (have these boys no bath manners?), why not just send the other half to the girls' side after they're done? Actually, the seniors would probably fight to wait to use that side. Wink Still, lol at evil Sekizan face.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 25

Well, that was a nice enough finish. Lessons learned and a good time was had by all and stuff. Coach is GACOAT (greatest anime coach of all time). And I was once again struck by how Sekizan was definitely blessed with child-bearing hips. He's going to make someone a wonderful waifu. ;D

I'm not holding my breath, but here's hoping for another season of All About Out!!.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
^Well, stuff like DAYS got a second season, so you never know...

I really enjoyed this show, even though i knew next to nothing about rugby (which is still pretty much the case now, to be honest...). But i came to like all the characters over time and it was a lot of fun and always left me with a smile on my face.

Am i the only one who finds the guy with the "demon eyes" strangely attractive?! If he's supposed to look scary, that didn't really work on me...
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed it too in every aspect bar one, the manager needed more character development. Why had she become a rugby team manager? What was her relationships with the rest of the team other than hiding in a corner in most scenes?

Looking at the manga chapters it looks like the series adapted 100% of the source so any second series would be anime original, would still like to see one though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5