• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Tamako Market, Chunibyō, Beyond the Boundary Anime Films

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY. I have been waiting to get my hands on the BtB movies forever. I'm so glad I'll be able to own and watch them legally now.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely check out the BtB (non compilation) movie. I don't generally watch compilation films so I won't go for the Chu2koi one, and I've already seen Tamako Love Story via...other means. If Sentai can grab some more anime films, by all means.
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Tamako Love Story is a beautiful​ movie. Naoko Yamada threw it out of the park with this one and I'm glad I'll be able to buy it now.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
YES! TAMAKO LOVE STORY FINALLY GOT PICKED UP!

I do not care about the others. Beyond the Boundary in general is unfortunately one of the weakest shows KyoAni has ever made but the Chuunibyou movie is especially dreadful.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote
God damn, it's about time. I was getting close to going elsewhere for that BtB film. And I was planning to do the same with the Tamako film after finishing the series. Now I just have to wait a short while. Really really happy about this!
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
Been wondering why these films haven't had US releases. Will definitely be putting the BtB and Love Chuunibyo films on my to-buy list.

Haven't seen Tamako Market. Might have to put it on my "eventually get around to it" list now.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 am Reply with quote
Animatsu announced the Beyond the Boundary movies for the UK back at MCM London in October, originally due out a few days ago (I ordered my copy back in January...) but recently delayed until October 2nd. One thing that has been confirmed is "specially commissioned sleeve art".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Tamako Love Story is an absolute delight. I didn't buy the TV series but I'm definitely going to get the movie!
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:22 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting and waiting for Tamako Love Story, a movie so much better than the TV series (which was very good, mind you).
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Animatsu announced the Beyond the Boundary movies for the UK back at MCM London in October, originally due out a few days ago (I ordered my copy back in January...) but recently delayed until October 2nd. One thing that has been confirmed is "specially commissioned sleeve art".
Yea they did, but did you believe that was the cause of the delay? I didn't believe it. To me it sounded like a indirect confirmation about Sentai FINALLY dubbing them. Besides, if they did release it before Sentai then they would have been dumb.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to owning the Beyond the Boundary films as well.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
Well, it's about time Tamako Love Story got licensed! Since Tamako Market got dubbed, I'm really hoping Tamako Love Story gets dubbed, too....
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:37 am Reply with quote
Awesome, I never thought they'd get the beyond the boundary films. I thought the TV series was amazing so I'll definitely be checking them out.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 am Reply with quote
Alright, I'm there for Tamako Market but I'm not too interested in clip shows and a movie made of a tv show clips has got to be even worse.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Probably totally unrelated in most respects, as I haven't looked at the production committees for this stuff, but I wonder if this makes Hyouka a more likely pick up at some point? It is one of the few KyoAni things left, after all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2