• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ken Arto

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I was entering credits and came across アルトゥ健.

At first I thought it might be Art Ken in western order, but then I found all this stuff:

His twitter (he looks pretty tight with Thomas Romain). His facebook. And his blog, of which the contact page provides some insight. アルトゥ and Arto are the Katakana and Romanji approximations of the French surname Artaud.

Now I have a few minor problems:

1) Do I create Ken Arto or Ken Artaud?

2) Japanese credits tend to split between アルトゥ健 and 健アルトゥ (because the name is confusing to the staffer responsible for submitting credits, probably) so I think to stem the problem of miscrediting him later we either need a note on the profile, or to have his kanji name be entered in both the correct and incorrect order.

3) Somebody looked at アルトゥ健 and created Takeshi Alto, so that credit needs to go in the new profile, and maybe Takeshi should be hidden instead of left blank.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Well, if you go for "Ken Alto" you can add a birth name of Artaud so both are covered. If he's ever credited as "Ken Artaud" it can be merged as an AKA at that point. Once you've created a correct entry for him I can merge Takeshi as al alternate spelling and it will disappear (but it will be caught if anyone tried to use that spelling again).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1