• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I read this manga it was about a boy who watched his father battle in an arena and get injured badly (he got rekt ) then the boy ( like 5 years later ) finds this stone amulet thing and it's overpowered it helps him get elixir etc.
JustLCY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Ok - so a few years ago I read a manga that was NOT Mairunovich. (Although thats a good one). I cannot remember what it was called and I want to read it again so bad!

It was about a plain high school girl who (I think) goes for an interview at a makeup company? And a woman there does her makeup for her to help her make a better impression. However, the woman is really the male heir to the company posing as his sister who is in a coma. Not only that, the guy is also in the same class as the MC. And for the whole series, he'll do the MC's makeup and not any other girl's makeup which pisses the other girls in school off.... thats a quick description.... if anyone has any idea of what manga this is PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Adiclel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

A few years back i read a manga and i cna't seems to find it anywhere...

Here is the pitch :

You follow a young boy and his assistant that goes around saving people doing surgeries.
The young boy come from a long lineage of doctors that are considered heretics by the church (because you are not supposed to open peoples body for treatment) that now govern the world.
He will have to hide and help people.
At the end he decide to fight the church that will give him a series of sick/injured people that he will have to cure in front of them.
The last trial is that he will have to save himself after being shot.

thanks for your reply.

Adiclel
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Parts of it remind me of Blackjack.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Adiclel wrote:
Hello everyone,

A few years back i read a manga and i cna't seems to find it anywhere...

Here is the pitch :

You follow a young boy and his assistant that goes around saving people doing surgeries.
The young boy come from a long lineage of doctors that are considered heretics by the church (because you are not supposed to open peoples body for treatment) that now govern the world.
He will have to hide and help people.
At the end he decide to fight the church that will give him a series of sick/injured people that he will have to cure in front of them.
The last trial is that he will have to save himself after being shot.

thanks for your reply.

Adiclel

Maybe Asklēpiós by Uchimizu Tōru?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81OpCXoDh-L.jpg
Adiclel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
shosakukan wrote:

Yes thats exactly it !!!!
Thank you so much, such a good manga if i remember it correctly
HitomiNya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
Can some one help me with the name of manga i have only 1 page from it? Please.
spoiler[]
Nguyễn Tuấn Đức

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
Drunk

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 am Reply with quote
Looking for two manga:

1: Some kind of "moon princess" visits Earth (?) for some kind of meeting. On her way there's a coup d'etat and she is being hunted. She knows how to fight and is accompanied by a rather useless guy. The manga was kind of a mix between sci-fi and a feudal society (no, not Gintama).

2: Young boy meets and travels with an older girl who is a Samurai/Ninja/something like that. If I remember correctly she was banished by her clan or left it herself. It was set in feudal Japan (I think).
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
1 sounds like it could be Please Save My Earth.
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
1 sounds like it could be Please Save My Earth.

Found it myself after combing through a manga directory for hours: Gekka Bijin (not related to a hentai OVA of the same name xD)

manga#11711

For the second series: if it helps anything, I think the girl was kind of a "mercenary"? Doing various stuff for money.

Sorry for all the "I think"s, but it has been a couple of years and I think (lol) I just paused it for a while but then forgot completely about it until recently.
Liwaze

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:23 am Reply with quote
Hello, I just wanted some help concerning about a certain manga I've read before but totally forgotten the title but I do know the whole story.

It's about a girl who gave a confession letter to a boy indirectly meaning it wasn't handed to him, it's either on his desk or bag. Then later after that the boy and his friends came and the boy's friends saw the letter and teased him for it. He was happy about the letter but he couldn't tell his friends about it so he purposely tore the letter apart, the sad thing was that the girl was listening and watching and it hurt her. She hated him. Then again she thought they would never meet again but then it was their fate to meet again.

He chases after her and even asked her for a date he tried his hardest to make her like him again but she really tries to control her emotions and just avoided him.

Then at their high school reunion they both came but she snapped. She wanted to leave but she was dragged by him and they talked. He asked what she really wanted and he decided to just let her go now. He left the reunion at their school. Their classmates then told her about the torn letter that the boy secretly put on their class time capsule.

That's how the story goes, if anyone knows a manga resembling as I just described please do help me. This is really one of the greatest manga I've read and i want to relive the emotions I've felt back then. Thank youuuuu Very Happy
Mojave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I can only remember a bit of this manga I read some of a while ago, and don't remember any of the words in the title. Basically, there's a wimpy guy that gets bullied like crazy. Then, either through magic or a relic (I don't remember which one), he suddenly attains a power where only bad girls fall in love with him. So all the bad girls around him are basically all after him suddenly. One in particular is super strong and beats up all sorts of other gangs, but turns into a completely different person around the MC.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Mojave wrote:
I can only remember a bit of this manga I read some of a while ago, and don't remember any of the words in the title. Basically, there's a wimpy guy that gets bullied like crazy. Then, either through magic or a relic (I don't remember which one), he suddenly attains a power where only bad girls fall in love with him. So all the bad girls around him are basically all after him suddenly. One in particular is super strong and beats up all sorts of other gangs, but turns into a completely different person around the MC.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi
Mits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:50 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
2: Young boy meets and travels with an older girl who is a Samurai/Ninja/something like that. If I remember correctly she was banished by her clan or left it herself. It was set in feudal Japan (I think).

Isn’t it Moribito series? It is originally a novel. Anime and manga were made based on it. I’m not sure its manga is translated to English though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 33