• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Publishes Domestic Girlfriend, GTO Paradise Lost Manga Digitally

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAAA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Domestic Girlfriend is actually a solid drama, at least at first, despite its fetish harem trappings.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
I agree. Domestic Girlfriend has decent drama, some quality humor, and pretty impressive art. It also have some actual character development, at least in a couple of the characters.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:20 am Reply with quote
Kodansha releasing more and more from their catalogue in English translation is great news. Hopefully they'll eventually do away with geo-restrictions so their translated titles can be purchased beyond US borders too.

Reading the first chapter of Domestic in the preview Kodansha USA put out for their English eBook reminds me how much I disliked it when Rui was later made to, spoiler for content beyond chapter 1: spoiler[fall in love with the random guy she picked to get rid of her lack of sexual experience. Personally, I would have liked this story so much better if she had been allowed to stick with her initial opinion long after that random guy became a fixture in her home.

It is perfectly fine to have sex without emotional attachment -such as out of curiosity as Rui does here- but stating that is apparently not allowed for -especially- a young woman. She fucked him so the young man "had" to be given relevancy in her life as anything other than a semi-discreet, disposable penis. Not allowed to get discarded with the condom into the depicted trash basket, though that was the mutually consented upon agreement.]
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed GE, so I'll give Domestic Girlfriend a try.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1