• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gackt to Release Album of Gundam Songs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"These songs will move the hearts of all Gundam fans," said Gackt, adding "For Director Tomino, I think it was an unforgettable birthday present. As a Gundam fan, I can safely say that there's nothing better than hearing that."

"Can I get my money now?" Rolling Eyes
stararnold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
that band Gackt must have high respects for classic "Gundam" and there author. I say that's a neat thing they're doing, making such an album.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
More Gundam merchandise?! Happy birthday, Tomino-sempai. He is probably the most important anime director/producer/creator today (maybe more important than Miyazaki) in the fact that he directed the original 1960s Astro Boy. That said, he helped bring forth the first ongoing story anime. So, thanks to him and Tezuka, anime is what it is.
Ragebot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
He is probably the most important anime director/producer/creator today (maybe more important than Miyazaki) in the fact that he directed the original 1960s Astro Boy. That said, he helped bring forth the first ongoing story anime. So, thanks to him and Tezuka, anime is what it is.

I know he was the series script supervisor for Astro Boy, but did he really direct it? ANN and other sites say that the series was directed by Tezuka himself. (Though its possible that given Tezkua was primarily a manga-ka, that Tomino 'ghost-directed' it, so to speak.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
X_x If I can get access to this album, I will buy it.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
Just looked up the original Astro Boy on Wiki, and you are correct that Tezuka himself directed. I know most manga-ka aren't directly involved with their works adapted as anime but Tezuka was among the few. Man, he did it well!
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
Hmmm this is cool. I'm really curious to see how Gackt does Soldier of Sorrow. Love that song.
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this will be better than the Richie Kotzen Gundam album. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arcwave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote
Gundam Wing had the best songs IMO. But this is a nice release for any hardcore Gundam enthusiast. Cool

/j
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote
stararnold wrote:
that band Gackt must have high respects for classic "Gundam" and there author. I say that's a neat thing they're doing, making such an album.

Gakt is the stage name of the individual. He's not a band.

Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Just looked up the original Astro Boy on Wiki, and you are correct that Tezuka himself directed. I know most manga-ka aren't directly involved with their works adapted as anime but Tezuka was among the few. Man, he did it well!

A lot of the heavy-weights of anime, like Miyazaki and Tomino, etc. all worked for Tezuka's Mushi Production at one point or another. Tezuka's unique because he ran an animation studio and wrote manga pretty much full time.

W-General wrote:
I'm really curious to see how Gackt does Soldier of Sorrow. Love that song.

Yeah, I think that is probably my favorite song from the One Year War era. I hope he does it in the veign of his 2002/3 single "12gatsu no Lovesong", which has a very high possibility of being the only song of his I actually like.

My wonder is that if he's re-releasing the five songs from the Zeta movie trilogy that he did, and re-mixing three other classic Gundam movie trilogy songs, will the CD only be 8 tracks? It'd be nice to see him re-mix some other songs from the 0079-0088 area (I'd be entertained by his rendition of Anime Janai, I bet), even if I may not be entirely pleased with the result.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
He's a total nerd >_>

Well, it's nice that the mainstream can see that you can be a hardcore Gundam fan and not be some weird freak.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
He's a total nerd >_>

Well, it's nice that the mainstream can see that you can be a hardcore Gundam fan and not be some weird freak.

Unfortunately I think there are plenty of people that consider Gackt pretty um, freaky. But he is definitely a nerd, and has a large fanbase of non-nerds that might get into things like Gundam because of him. I think it's funny how he makes it so obvious he's a big fan of Gundam and Final Fantasy. But I think it's neat. Same with Takanori Nishikawa (T.M.Revolution) also being such a big Gundam fan and liking other anime as well. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dizzywulf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I wish there were some Gundam Wing songs on there as well..
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Unholy_Nny wrote:
He's a total nerd >_>

Unfortunately I think there are plenty of people that consider Gackt pretty um, freaky. But he is definitely a nerd, and has a large fanbase of non-nerds that might get into things like Gundam because of him. I think it's funny how he makes it so obvious he's a big fan of Gundam and Final Fantasy. But I think it's neat. Same with Takanori Nishikawa (T.M.Revolution) also being such a big Gundam fan and liking other anime as well. Smile

Only in the western world. In Japan, Gackt and other visual-kei musicians are considered perfectly normal. Gotta consider the cultural context.

But yes, he's a good example of how you don't have to be a nerd or a geek to like anime and Gundam. Other good examples are Asou Tarou and Horie Takafumi (he got arrested though...)
Jariten
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
SalarymanJoe wrote:
My wonder is that if he's re-releasing the five songs from the Zeta movie trilogy that he did, and re-mixing three other classic Gundam movie trilogy songs, will the CD only be 8 tracks?

I checked around for a CD track list, but there isn't one online yet. I'm sure that Gackt's official site or the Nippon Crown website will have a track list up within a week or two. Additionally, I'm guessing that demand for the CD will be high on CD Japan and yesasia.com, so they'll probably have the track list posted when pre-orders start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2