• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Echoes 3DS Game's Opening Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Responder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 am Reply with quote
In comparison to the quality of the CGI cutscenes of Fates and Awakening, this is decidedly less polished or expressive. In a similar ballpark to the Berserk movies. Hopefully the game is good, but it's a shame that these CGI cutscenes don't have even a fraction of the production value of the other modern Fire Emblem.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
Responder wrote:
In comparison to the quality of the CGI cutscenes of Fates and Awakening, this is decidedly less polished or expressive. In a similar ballpark to the Berserk movies. Hopefully the game is good, but it's a shame that these CGI cutscenes don't have even a fraction of the production value of the other modern Fire Emblem.

The CG cutscenes take up a somewhat small portion of the games to the point of being nearly irrelevant so it's not too big a deal.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Responder wrote:
No way, these guys understand the camera in 3D.

Otherwise, yeah, it's unnecessarily choppy. Two questions. One, which animation studio worked on this? Two, who performed the song?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote
The cutscenes seem to look fine, although I think the animation could have been a bit better...
MugenPancake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Responder wrote:
No way, these guys understand the camera in 3D.

Otherwise, yeah, it's unnecessarily choppy. Two questions. One, which animation studio worked on this? Two, who performed the song?

Studio is Khara for sure since they worked with Nintendo a lot but the singer I think may be Reka just guessing from the voice and previous games
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1