• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Honey and Clover Manga Gets TV Drama Adaptation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote
AAAAAH.

If an H&C adaption isn't exciting enough... Narumi Riko and Ikuta Toma?! This is like a dream come true! Narumi-san is an amaaaazingly talented, not to mention pretty and cute, actress (I loved her especially in 1 Litre of Tears), and Ikuta is just fangirl bait.

I will DEFINITELY watch this!!
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
The more H&C, the better! This is my personal favorite series, and I welcome any adaptation of it (except crappy Americanizations of it).
domino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! Honey and Clover is one of my favorites, so the more of it the better.

I wonder why they chose a new cast instead of the movie's cast? I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know whether or not they fit the roles well.

It took me awhile to figure out why the name Ikuta Toma was familiar, but now I get it: he's Hana-Kimi's Nakatsu! Arguably the show's best-casted role. Very Happy This makes me happy.

I wonder why there's no ANN entry for the manga-based Hana-Kimi drama? It won the "best TV drama of the year" award just last month, too~
crescendoll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
A drama version!! About time. Can't wait!
I know he can do comedy, but can Ikuta pull off a character like Takemoto? Hm. I hope he can!
Looking forward to finding out the rest of the cast, too. =)
shinsengumi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
I wonder why there's no ANN entry for the manga-based Hana-Kimi drama? It won the "best TV drama of the year" award just last month, too~
Except the award is not the "best TV drama of the year", but rather just the "best TV drama of the quarter" award as selected by one particular magazine largely based on reader response.
domino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
shinsengumi wrote:
domino wrote:
Except the award is not the "best TV drama of the year", but rather just the "best TV drama of the quarter" award as selected by one particular magazine largely based on reader response.

Whoops, I read the article too quickly. Embarassed Thanks for pointing it out. Saw "Academy Awards" and my mind automatically switched to "annual award" mode.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
More Honey and Clover right? I hope this goes well then the previous attempts!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why ANN used his role as Junpei instead of his role as Box from Akihabara@deep and Nakatsu from Hana Kimi. It's like the minor of all his roles.
fadeblue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
I wonder why ANN used his role as Junpei instead of his role as Box from Akihabara@deep and Nakatsu from Hana Kimi. It's like the minor of all his roles.

No kidding, he only appeared in the first episode.

He was great as Nakatsu though.
perpetual159

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
This might be totally off the wall, but I noticed that they said Viz media licenced Honey & Clover... hmm... that means they're going to dub it. So far in this website (ANN) there's only two voice characters identified who will work in the dubbed version, one for each show (I and II), and both seem to be relatively new in the trade, so I really hope they don't do such a horrendous dub that it will completely ruin the whole show when English is concerned, because it is such an amazing show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
This I am definitely looking forward to. I dont usually *do* live action dramas, but in the case of H&C I'll be more than willing to watch. It's a lovely story and a beautiful anime. I'll be very glad when the american release comes out so I can buy a set one day ...
PonSquared

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
I do not know anything about who the actors are for the drama or who is writing the script or how they will do the comedy vs drama in the series. I know none of these things.

What I do know is that every bit as good as the anime series was the movie was bad. I haven't seen a movie so bad and so boring in such a long time. I usually know a bad movie when I see one but I was blinded by my love for H&C so I plunked my hard earned yen down and rented the movie. It was beyond painfully horribly bad.

I am afraid... that the drama will be as bad as the movie. However, I hope it will be as good or better than the most excellent Hana Yori Dango drama.

Well, here is to hoping...!

EDIT: Didn't VIZ buy the movie rights to H&C? If they have: DO NOT BUY IT! ~~You have been warned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1