• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry Anime Film to Play in U.S., 15 Other Countries in May

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
June 27 in Germany
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quote
Cool!

...Except I've watched practically the entire series in English, so watching this movie in Japanese is probably a no-go for me. Confused
sarroush

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
How is Canada not one of the countries..
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 am Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:
How is Canada not one of the countries..

Don't be surprised. We always get the shaft for almost everything.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:58 am Reply with quote
j Talbain, actually Hollywood owes a lot of debt to Toronto as native Torontonian Hobart Johnstone Whitley (10/7/1847-6/3/1931) was the chief architect for Hollywood as a town.
He had help from his wife, Margaret Virginia Ross Whitley (2/10/1867-8/13/1951). The people to register the town name (which was in Aug. 1886) were Daeida Wilcox Beveridge (1861-1914) and her husband, Harvey Wilcox (1832-1891). The Wilcoxes are the modern founders of Hollywood in helping establish it as a real estate/ranching community (a skeleton, if you will). The Whitleys are the founding parents in they are what made this land have more flesh in essence.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote
Presumably we'll get the list of screenings soon, as the (Japanese) premier is a week from Saturday. It probably won't be brought that soon but still (hopefully it isn't so I can make sure I have off, unless it is extraordinarily limited like say New York and LA).
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
Oh man, so cool to know! Sadly, I have my doubts it'll show at a theater near me. But, if it's within an hour or so of home, MAYBE I could convince my husband to still go. All I can do is wait for the theater listings, I guess.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
I hope San Francisco! Come on San Fracnsco!
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
I see the sins of the first FT movie are being repeated. Get ready to be spoiled English anime only watchers.

Raebo101 wrote:
Cool!

...Except I've watched practically the entire series in English, so watching this movie in Japanese is probably a no-go for me. Confused

What difference does it make what language you watched it in? The English dub of the anime stopped at where the Japanese version did. All anime only watchers are going to get spoiled. lol
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
^ What I meant was that I'm used to how the characters sound in the English Dub. It's gonna take more than a movie to get used to their Japanese voices at this point. Not that they're not good or anything! Anime smile + sweatdrop
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Yes!! YES!!! I knew they would bring this over but didn't know it'll be this soon! Let's gooooo! I can't wait for the last chapter in the wonderful Fairy Tail journey!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I see the sins of the first FT movie are being repeated. Get ready to be spoiled English anime only watchers.

Hell, not just English anime-only watchers, but anime-only watchers period. The anime ended as soon as the Fairy Tail Revival arc kicked off, so only manga readers can know what to expect with the characters' powers and setting. And thanks to the simulcast dub, the English version is totally caught up (FT Zero still needs a home release, though...)
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
nine countries in Central America and South America

WTF!? in their eyes we are so worthless that they can't even mention said countries by name? Before anyone asks, yeah, there are more nine countries in South America alone.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Hell, not just English anime-only watchers, but anime-only watchers period. The anime ended as soon as the Fairy Tail Revival arc kicked off, so only manga readers can know what to expect with the characters' powers and setting. And thanks to the simulcast dub, the English version is totally caught up (FT Zero still needs a home release, though...)

They may just roll FT Zero into another Fairy Tail set instead of it being its own thing.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
They may just roll FT Zero into another Fairy Tail set instead of it being its own thing.

That's not the point. My point is it's been over four months since Funimation's last Blu-ray/DVD set of FT episodes that concluded the Tartaros arc, and there's still no news of a set for the FT Zero episodes whatsoever, even though a.) The previous box sets were released 2-3 months apart, b.) The dub for those episodes was simulcast, and c.) These episodes are counted as "Episodes 266-277" of the anime.

But I digress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2