• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 2nd Film's Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 am Reply with quote
Trailer looks fantastic, it would just be nice if more international releases started happening.

Apparently there is a legit stream of 2202's first chapter in Italy via Dynit. A very credible Italian fan of Yamato verified its legitimacy... but anyone outside Italy gets geoblocked:

http://www.vvvvid.it/#!show/655/star-blazers-2202/721/514946/anno-domini-2202-risorgi-corazzata-spaziale-yamato

Streaming company in question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVVVID
Rheinhard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Around 00:26, we see the Gatlantis (Comet Empire) attacking a city. Upon 2nd viewing I realized that this city must be a Gamilon & Earth co-production, since it has Earthian style office blocks for the UNCF, with Gamilon style mushroom architecture in the background.

A moment later we see a street scene in this city, where 2 Gamilon children are on the lap of Santa Claus! And the little blue boy is holding a toy Yamato!

Given that they are rescued from exposure to the Gatlantis assault by Sgt. Saito (Knox in "Star Blazers") and another female space marine, and the Engrish sign in the background talks about the "11th planet" and Earth and Gamilas, I think this must be the planet Brumus, which in Star Blazers was supposedly the 11th planet of our solar system, and where the space marines were stationed.

Apparently in the 2202-niverse, the planet wasn't just the site of a lone Marine outpost, but was developed as a thriving racially mixed colony world by Earth & Gamilas together!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 am Reply with quote
Man, looks so good, I'd be importing the blu-rays again for this if they had subs like the first season.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Man, looks so good, I'd be importing the blu-rays again for this if they had subs like the first season.

I'm still importing them regardless. Of course I'll buy a subtitled version when it's available, but that could be ages away, and having seen the first chapter on the big screen in Japan, I'm not going to be able to wait to see more.

(Somewhat appropriate that my 333rd post [Yamato's length in 2199] is about Yamato.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1