• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast For Love Tyrant Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
If it weren't for the BL/GL stuff in the series and the incestous sister, I would watch this series. However, even harem/fan service people can have rules/standards.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
I didn't like how they condensed the first three chapters of the manga into the first episode of the anime. Some several good jokes were missed.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
It is depressing to me that a large part of Funimation's business model is to entice people to subscribe to their streaming service if they want to watch a bunch of crappy dubbed shows before the eventual disc release.

Who is paying for FunimationNow? Hardcore fans who prefer subbed simulcasts or casual fans who rarely spend money on anime.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
^ I mean, they're​ dubbing many of the shows that Crunchyroll picked up for streaming, so that's​ why I'm paying for it. I wish they could've gotten other, more promising shows (like Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul), but Amazon decided now would be a GREAT time to invade, so... Sad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Who is paying for FunimationNow? Hardcore fans who prefer subbed simulcasts or casual fans who rarely spend money on anime.

Or how about fans who like dubs but also don't want to buy every show Funi puts out. That would be me. Many prefer dubs and eventually, whether it be as a simuldub or later with video release, all Funi shows wind up on their website to stream. The price of a 1 year subscription is just over the cost of one series not on sale. So if you can't afford every series you want it helps. Not to mention their old catalog.

Raebo101 wrote:
^ I mean, they're​ dubbing many of the shows that Crunchyroll picked up for streaming, so that's​ why I'm paying for it.

You do realize they have a partnership with CR now right? That's the whole premise to it. CR will handle the sub only streams and Funi does the simul-dub streams and eventual home release. That's the very short quick version of the deal.
xchampion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It is depressing to me that a large part of Funimation's business model is to entice people to subscribe to their streaming service if they want to watch a bunch of crappy dubbed shows before the eventual disc release.

Sounds like elitist talk to me. If any Funimation's dubbing is better than it's ever been. Nothing will be perfect, but it's pretty good. It's like you forgot the memo. Their business model is made around simulcast dubs and not subbed content. Crunchyroll gets those. It's dubbing fans who pay for FunimationNow. It's why I do it.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
^ I mean, they're​ dubbing many of the shows that Crunchyroll picked up for streaming, so that's​ why I'm paying for it.

You do realize they have a partnership with CR now right? That's the whole premise to it. CR will handle the sub only streams and Funi does the simul-dub streams and eventual home release. That's the very short quick version of the deal.

Of course I know that. That's exactly why I responded.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Monica was a little too high pitched for my liking, but other than that, it was a good start. And like most comedies, I found it funnier in English.

Last edited by getchman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

Of course I know that. That's exactly why I responded.

No need to get your knickers in a twist dude. I was just mentioning it in case you didn't know.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
I pay to VRV because I don't want to wait almost 1.5 years after the sub debut for the dubbed debut. Also, these simuldubs have been bringing in newer talent, which in some cases this simuldub is the first anime role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1