• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (SukaSuka)

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:

There is no manga out that i know of as yet,but my friend in Osaka tells me sukasuka is pretty popular atm,so may be there will be a manga.

According to the Japanese website, one volume of the manga is out. I've been trying to view it on Japanese bookstore sites. If you click the button that reads 試し読みする, (try it out) they allow you to see a couple of the first pages.

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321610000407/

However, my laptop seems incompatible with whatever app you need for it and I cannot do it on my phone either so I'm like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

STUPID FANCY JAPANESE APPS.
lolz

Also, unless you go to a second-hand store, like Book-Off, (best ever really) all manga and novels are shrink-wrapped so you can't even look through them in the store.

Evil, but smart. People can't damage them that way. Rolling Eyes
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
However, my laptop seems incompatible with whatever app you need for it and I cannot do it on my phone either so I'm like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That is using the Bookwalker viewer. On a PC it uses Flash but the mobile version obviously doesn't and works fine on both my android Phone and iPad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nimitz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Many a girl has indicated interest in a guy by asking him about his sexual tastes.

No girl has ever indicated interest in a guy by asking him if he is a paedophile.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
Nimitz wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Many a girl has indicated interest in a guy by asking him about his sexual tastes.

No girl has ever indicated interest in a guy by asking him if he is a paedophile.

You must not watch much anime Smile
Nimitz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
Obviously not as much as you. Perhaps you could provide a few examples where a girl has used accusations of being a pervert as a genuine attempt to express her interest?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
^Pervert might be too easy, as many tsundere are wont to use the term. Let's just narrow that down to lolicon specifically.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I think accusations or questions as to the various perversions of the MC are such a staple in rom-com shows that it's kind of silly to question it. MCs are routinely seen stumbling into girls boobs, walking in on innocent underage girls changing or naked and then getting beaten up by a tsundere who claims he is a "pervert!!!!" (Often the tsundere is also interested in him, or she might be the girl he stumbled in on.) It's not always done in the exact same way, obviously, but is often part of the "joke." If it hasn't happened yet in Eromanga Sensei, I can pretty much guarantee that it will.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Most characters using the term lolicon to describe an mc are not expressing interest in them, generally or in that instance, as it is usually accompanied by a look of genuine disgust, violence, or acting as a parent might when they walk in on their kid pleasing themself. Even if they do care for them generally, the reaction is always in the tsun category and not the dere.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to belabor the point. I've said my piece, and like I said, I fully expect this to show up in Eromanga Sensei if it hasn't already. To what extent you believe it appears elsewhere is your opinion.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of lolis, I happened upon this on youtube. Just thought it was hilarious.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I'm not going to belabor the point. I've said my piece, and like I said, I fully expect this to show up in Eromanga Sensei if it hasn't already. To what extent you believe it appears elsewhere is your opinion.

Oh the pervert thing has appeared in Eromanga-sensei, though lolicon hasn't especially not from the titular character but why that is pertinent to this show I don't know. I will agree that to what extent it appears elsewhere, namely here, is just your opinion.

To the point of Ithea's teasing Willem that he is a lolicon, you can see the same sort of thing from male characters in other shows, and unless you think those characters are thereby expressing romantic interest in the mc, I don't know why you think Ithea doing the same constitutes doing so.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Paul in the episode 4 review wrote:
Even if we get a flashback to the mission in a future episode, the dramatic train has already left the station; there's not much to get excited about now that we know all three of the girls make it back alive.

I was a little disappointed we didn't see the battle, but was their survival really in doubt? I'll admit to feeling a little doubt after the soldier said that the defense of the island failed, but there was always the thought "they're not going to die there" and I don't know that seeing the battle would have changed that. Shows don't generally kill of the deuteragonist and main combatant(s) this soon (without revival or time reversal powers) and we haven't seen what's going on with Chtholly's red hair from the flash forward (speculation: spoiler[Maybe the previous (human) wielded is involved?] Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong on this LN readers), which brings me to my main point. All three of the girls who when on the mission were alive at least up to the flash forward, and since Willem and Nygglatho aren't there, this mission isn't that one so all of them must be alive until then. Thus even if we saw the battle, we would have known that they would survive no matter what.

On a related note, did it go down this way in the LN?
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Paul is really missing the point of the series. The big battles aren't what matters. Its the feeling of waiting for loved ones to come home and not knowing if they will or not.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Paul, I've find your reviews to be enjoyable to read,and your critiques to be fair.just a little off here.

Last edited by Nordhmmer on Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
meiam

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Personally I'm okay with them not showing the battle, it's interesting and it put us in the MC shows, where he's completely in the dark and has no control over anything happening. Bu that doesn't mean that they have to replace the battle by a boring side story, which is what we got instead. So in the end it did feel kinda hollow, almost like the first 3/4 of the episode were just filler and that nothing much was done with the big showdown, maybe spending more time with the MC having an increasingly hard time keeping his cool would have been better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 21