• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Better update for KOR:
Quote:
Thank you for your continued patience. We have just completed the first omnibus, and a few advance samples arrived! (See pics below.)
Just to give you the latest updates on the production of the other books...we plan to ship all volumes at the same time once they are all completed. We have just completed the localization of the second omnibus and plan to print it this month. The third and forth omnibus is on schedule for localization completion toward the end of this month. The 5th and 6th omnibus for Feb/Mar completion...So we anticipate for an early April delivery. Thank you for your patience and understanding. -Digital Manga Team

Next, the Tezuka stuff:
Quote:
Apologies for the long silence since the last update, and we thank you all for your patience waiting for this update.

We have finally finished the localization for Under the Air, Melody of Iron, and The Crater, and will be sending them off to the printers this week. See image below for our inhouse hand made mockups of the three books. We have also included in The Crater, a forward by Frederik Schodt and an essay by Ada Palmer also! Record of the Glass Castle will be finalized hopefully by the end of this week and will be ready to send off to the printers in the following week. Thus, we should be on schedule for April fulfillment.

In addition, we have on-going production for many of the reward items this month... bookmarkers and a neat looking Astroboy post-it note pads are the first to come in. More reward goodies will be coming in the following weeks.

Again, thank you for your patience for this update. We'll be having more solid updates to report in the following weeks. In addition, we are working hard to bring you the next Tezuka campaign very soon.

Just in for Tezuka:
Quote:
Just in! The Under the Air mug, Melody of Iron magnet and button reward items are completed! Take a gander!

And just in for KOR:
Quote:
Omnibus 2 is in the last production stages with the printer. We've received an unbound copy of the printed book before the binding stage. It looks great! [Pics at the link.] In addition, localization and our inhouse production for Omnibus 3 and 4 are completed and we'll be sending them out to the printer sometime this week. Here are our hand made mockups of the omnibus...Omnibus 5 & 6 are scheduled for inhouse completion in the next couple of weeks. More updates for them to follow as they come available.

Also, Animeigo has been updating on the status of its Riding Bean discs, and wants fan input on the artbook.

Edit: Oh, and CB still has a monthly goal for paying off his surgery bills. You get anime and manga goods, if you donate.

New KS from DMP coming up:
Quote:
Starting Monday, 3/27/17, Digital Manga Inc. (DMI), long running publisher of works from legendary manga creator, Osamu Tezuka, will be back with a return of Wonder 3 and a big lineup of titles for crowd-funding on the Kickstarter platform.

Tezuka’s Wonder 3, is an compilation of over 600 pages, combining the three originally released volumes into one. The story takes us to a time when the world is overrun with war and violence. Sent to Earth by the alien Galactic Federation, three operatives, known as the Wonder 3, are to observe humanity and to determine if they are deemed worthy of saving from their own self-destruction. What will they find out about humans? The fate of humanity lies in the hands of the Wonder 3!

In addition to this revisited campaign, DMI will be offering seven new Tezuka titles for print and digital publication—four of them in omnibus format including fan favorite title, Ambassador Magma. They will be offered as bundled reward items with no stretch goals or add-on items to worry about. These titles offered in this campaign are as followed: The Thief Inoue Akikazu; Yakeppachi's Maria Omnibus; Dust 8 Omnibus; The Euphrates Tree; Say Hello To Bookila Omnibus; Metamorphose; and Ambassador Magma Omnibus

Other special reward tiers offered in this campaign include hard to find Tezuka artbook compilations and toy collectibles, definitely not to be missed by dedicated Tezuka fans!

Announcement of the official launch of the campaign will be on Monday, 3/27/17, so watch for it!
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 am Reply with quote
Well damn, DMP, if you wanted more of my money you got it! The way to my wallet is through Osamu Tezuka, clearly. I can delay getting a Switch.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 pm Reply with quote
ANN just posted details, but if you scroll to the bottom of the actual Kickstarter, you'll notice that you can include those KOR books as add-ons, if you missed them the first time. Cool
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
Mind Game is here and here. I was told they would recognize dollars when you pay through the English yen site. Next, Mind Game UK Kickstarter.

Edit: BTW, decided to wait until after the first to post this. But here's CB's Gofundme for this month. Again, you donate to cover his surgery expenses, and you get stuff in return.

Last edited by GATSU on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Mind Game has hit both its stretch goals for French and Spanish Subtitles. Currently its at $21,014.

It looks like there's a possibility that they maybe adding some stuff. From the comment section on the Mind Game Kickstarter:
All the Anime wrote:
Hey Everyone! I'll be posting an update soon but just to answer some of your comments here - we and STUDIO4C were thrilled with how well the Kickstarter did yesterday thanks to all of your support and enthusiasm! We've been discussing a lot of your suggestions and wish lists and we're currently investigating what we can clear, what we are able to add, etc.

I can't confirm anything until I know more - of what we'd be able to clear and what the next targets would be but I just wanted to let you guys know we've heard you and we're working hard to make this Kickstarter version of MIND GAME something extra special Smile
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote
No significant developments, but new update on Riding Bean.

Edit: Also, DMP just uploaded pics of their sort-of-bound books from the Under the Air Kickstarter.

Edit 2: Oh, and CB is about 2/3 away from paying off his surgery bills for this month. Again, free stuff if you give.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
KOR again:
Quote:
The F&G's (which stands for "folded and gathered", aka "unbound signatures") for Omnibuses 3 and 4 have arrived to the office. We'd like to share some images with everyone and give you all a sneak preview...

Pics at the KS.

Under the Air:
Quote:
The 2016 KS supporter Commemorative Coin has come in! The specs are that it's a double-sided, antique brass colored and Die Struck 2” coin. In the campaign sample image, we used an image of Astro Boy and a cartoon image Tezuka. For the final, we made one side an image from Under The Air and the other side is an image from The Crater. Here is a closer look at the coin: We will continue to keep everyone updated when the books are in and when everything will be good to go! Thanks for your support and patience!

Oh, and less than a week left to get anything from the Wonder 3 Kickstarter. In addition, you can now pick up Tezuka's Leo the Lion Cub, aka Kimba, as a Digital add-on through there or emanga's site. Not that the way the natives are depicted may not be perceived as PC by today's standards, but that that wasn't the intent of the author.

Edit: Oh, and only about 10 days left to fulfill that monthly GoFundMe for CB.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote
Mindgame has hit $31,500 with 8 days to go. An update has been posted:

Quote:
Hello backers! I know it's been a long time since you've seen an update from us on this Kickstarter, but here we are and with some news. Part of the reason we were so quiet for a while there, is that we were working with STUDIO4°C to see if there were any exciting extras that could be added to the release of MIND GAME - and as the target was smashed in record time, there was a bit of work that had to be done.

While STUDIO4°C looked into the extras and what additional costs may be involved in securing them, they quickly realised that the funds had already been raised for this! So, in lieu of adding more stretch goals - we're adding the extras as a given since you guys have already pledged what is required!

The added extras include the 82 settei (designs) that were included on the DVD "Perfect Box" released in Japan (both the Blu-ray and the DVD will include the extras).

In addition, we've also found and added previously unreleased materials (settei) that will take the sum total of additional designs to over 100 settei to be added to this release!

So without further ado, please find the update on the MIND GAME release below:

MIND GAME the film on Blu-ray and DVD
20 Page booklet (as part of the digibook)
Subtitles in English, French, Latin American Spanish
82 settei from the Perfect Box edition + previously unreleased materials totalling over 100+ settei to be included on both the Blu-ray disc and the DVD

With the previously unreleased, and therefore unseen, design extras, this really has become a very special edition of MIND GAME. We hope you enjoy the new extras and thank you all so much for all your support and backing!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

- Team Anime Limited
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Less than two days left to get your Wonder 3 fix. And less than six days and about $500 to go to help CB out with this month's surgery bill goal. Again, you get stuff in exchange for donating.

Edit: Ugh. The way those idiots at DMP worded the header, I thought I was going to have to report something depressing about the KOR guy to ANN today. Anyway, here goes:

Quote:
As we mentioned in our update last year, Izumi Matsumoto-sensei has been fighting a relapse episode of his chronic disease, Cerebrospinal Fluid Hypovolemia, induced by an accident at a train station when he hit his head after being accidentally knocked over. The condition has many symptoms, which includes intense headaches and seizures. He has been in and out of the hospital for treatment, and has been completely unable to work, which includes signing any shikishis or collectables that were in our reward tiers. With no promise of his health improving in the near future, we unfortunately have no choice but to continue the production of the books and fulfillment of our rewards without his drawings and autographs. We did try to reach out to other artists that have been involved with Kimagure Orange Road that could create the shikishis for him, but were unable to find anybody that would take the job.

We understand the disappointment in not receiving the product you originally pledged for, and we sincerely apologize for the situation. We did the best we could do. Please keep Matsumoto-sensei in your thoughts and prayers.

Anyway, I'm making my own recs for shikishi duty. If you're based in Japan, and know anyone in the freelance illustration/sketch scene, feel free to let DMP know, too. And I'm hoping to see if the KOR guy is happy with and able to handle just 'signing' those things with his thumb print.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
18 hours left to the Mind Game Kickstarter. They've managed to hit $37,133. If you are interested in this film by Masaaki Yuasa the same Director of Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, Kemonozume, and Kaiba then now's the time to jump on it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Again, that Mind Game KS is for the UK. The U.S. one is still good until the end of next month.

Oh, and speaking of next month, unfortunately, CB didn't reach his GoFundMe goal for April. But there's always May. Remember. You get to help him keep up with expenses of maintaining a site and paying off a surgery bill, while getting some nice 'prizes' in return.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Again, that Mind Game KS is for the UK. The U.S. one is still good until the end of next month.

Its for the UK only? Are you sure about that? Maybe I'm missing something, but...

From the first paragraph of KS:
Quote:
Our Kickstarter is aimed at all the fans of creative and surreal anime outside Japan - giving them a unique opportunity to be in on the ground floor of this exciting release.
...The discs are region free, so this Kickstarter is open to backers throughout the world! So if you're a fan of Masaaki Yuasa, MIND GAME or wish to support interesting anime, it doesn't matter whether you're in the UK, Europe, North America or Australia.

From the FAQs:
Quote:
...We will also be in charge of fulfilling the rewards from the UK for international Kickstarter backers. Our role here is to bring this frankly brilliant cult classic to as many fans or soon-to-be fans of Massaki Yuasa.

Now you can still get Mind Game from Sudio4Cs crowdfunding site as Gatsu has listed if you are in other regions (not just the US). It will ship EMS and I think IIRC shipping cost is 2000yen for North America. I think the KS shipping was cheaper.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote
So Animeigo said most of Riding Bean is done and should be ready to ship out next month. However, the toy cars might be given a separate mailing?

KOR update:
Quote:
We're working hard to find one-of-a-kind, personalized merchandise by Matsumoto-sensei that could sufficiently replace some of the items in the reward tiers that included autographs. Please be patient with us. Again, we understand the disappointment in not receiving the product you originally pledged for, and we sincerely apologize for the situation. We would also like to thank everyone for all their comments and feedback. Although we may not reply to everyone, you can be reassured that we do indeed read them all and take everything that is said into consideration.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote
Edit: The books for the Under the Air KS appear to be shipping. But Digital Manga needs international backers to contact them regarding mailing rates.

Edit 2: I really don't want to bring up a certain controversial manga, but if you funded it on Digital Manga's Kickstarter, then you know what it is, already. And they just posted an update for it not too long ago. Also, they updated twice for May for said controversial manga. And they updated for June w/ wallpaper news.

Also via Animeigo's KS:
Quote:
We have several backers that we can't contact because their email address has gone bad (and they didn't back via Kickstarter). If you happen to know any of these people please let them know to get in touch with me with any address corrections: Graham McIntyre in Fairfax, VA. Thomas Richter in Minneapolis, MN.

Oh, and this ain't a confirmation of anything, but Woodhead added the following comment to the KS:
Quote:
Yeah, I'd love to do it too, because the plotline of Madox is basically a very violent lesson in why you should "RTFM".

And this was a month ago when he said he'd announce a new project, so six more to go? :P
Quote:
Yes, but I was close 6 months ago too! Such is how it goes, sometimes. New update coming later today btw.

As for funding new shit...
Quote:
this is definitely something we want to do. One thing that makes it complicated is that the legal rights situation for older titles can often be difficult to untangle, and often there are materials problems -- HD-suitable materials are not available.

Update : Under the Air got delayed, because of AX. But now they're resuming shipping. Just got this in their e-mail:
Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know we are getting prepped and ready for shipping! Lower tiers are getting ready to go out by tomorrow. Expect your pledge to be heading your way this month!

Update 2: KOR again...
Quote:
We have been in contact with Matsumoto-sensei. We have a DMI representative that will be in Japan until the end of the month and will be bringing back news about the situation. We thank you for your patience. Please enjoy a free wallpaper we created for all of you: http://www.mediafire.com/view/nzivck3868j3865/KOR-Digital-Wallpaper.png

Update 3: And here's Bean:
Quote:
However, there was one small hiccup. In order to get them repressed as quickly as possible, our replicator sent the job to their new pressing plant in Australia. Someone forgot to compensate for the change in hemisphere, and so the discs were printed upside-down! This means it is important that you rotate the discs rightside-up before inserting them into your BluRay player. Otherwise, the disc may play backwards. Shipping will commence on Monday! We have had some delays getting the model kits produced -- we want to make them the best they can possibly be. Rather than rush things (or delay shipment), we are going to split-ship them to Nitrous / Patron backers later this summer.

Also, if you changed your address since you funded Bean...
Quote:
you can either email me at [email protected], or send a Kickstarter message -- just give me the new address and I'll update the database.

As for new announcements from Animeigo...
Quote:
still working on ironing out some final wrinkles and lining up ducks. It's taking time but progressing.

And from Woodhead's Twitter:
Quote:
All UK/EU and CA Riding Bean orders are packed and will ship to fulfillment warehouses on Monday. Next up, regular international orders! All International Riding Bean orders have been packed and will ship out on Monday. Now working on US orders. All Riding Bean US multiple unit orders and single-unit Basic set orders packed up. Moving on to Premium sets.

Statement from DMP:
Quote:
Regarding the digital copies, we're still trying to figure out a more efficient way to deliver them taking in account the feedback we've gotten in the past. We should have that figured out relatively soon, and we'll implement that as soon as we can.

CB's July GoFundMe is now up, but only has a little over a week to reach its $1,000 goal-which it's $200 away from completing, this time. If you help donate for his monthly surgery costs, you get anime/manga and hentai in exchange.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
AnimEigo's Riding Bean has shipped. I got my copy on Wednesday the 19th.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 30