• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden Listed as 2017 TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alecchi

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Good job for the false news, ANN. It is listed as such because the PRESCREENING of the first episode is taking place on the 21th of October during the Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event. As such, it'll be a Winter 2018 show.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Huh. For some reason I thought this was gonna be a movie.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
alecchi wrote:
Good job for the false news, ANN. It is listed as such because the PRESCREENING of the first episode is taking place on the 21th of October during the Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event. As such, it'll be a Winter 2018 show.

Theres a difference between false news and misunderstanding.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
It's not unlike Granblue Fantasy, where the director of the OP, Ishihama, had mentioned on their Twitter profile that they were working on an opening for January (up until it was closer to broadcast), which was true as it was featured in the prescreened episodes which aired in January. Of course the show formally started broadcast in this season and not last season. Though there is reason to suspect that that may not have been the original plan for Granblue Fantasy, whereas KyoAni has generally been better at planning than A-1.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
After looking at the comments, is this going to be a 2017 anime or not? If it is, we can expect it in Fall.
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
What an orgasmic display of animation.
wastrel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
More sad robot girls. Oh god... I'm a sucker for sad robot girls.

Either Key or KyoAni is gonna kill me yet. I'm not sure if I should stock up on antidepressants, or just start building a gallows already. But not watching isn't an option.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 pm Reply with quote
If this show looks as beautiful as its PVs then I'll be as pleased with KyoAni as I honestly could ever be.
I have no clue what it's about but I'm already excited.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching this show just for the pretty colors. If it's one thing KyoAni has always been talented at, it's their production values. Even their worst written work is nice to look at. If this premieres during the Fall, cool but I'll be pessimistic and expect this to come next year. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, we're not talking late next year. The prevailing theory is Winter, which would only be three months later than Fall, which doesn't seem like much to fuss about, especially if it allows them to put out the best work possible.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
If this premieres during the Fall, cool but I'll be pessimistic and expect this to come next year. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

it's 100% going to be Winter 2018. We have confirmation of that already.

zrnzle500 wrote:
It's not unlike Granblue Fantasy, where the director of the OP, Ishihama, had mentioned on their Twitter profile that they were working on an opening for January (up until it was closer to broadcast), which was true as it was featured in the prescreened episodes which aired in January. Of course the show formally started broadcast in this season and not last season. Though there is reason to suspect that that may not have been the original plan for Granblue Fantasy, whereas KyoAni has generally been better at planning than A-1.

The difference here is that this was just a misunderstanding by Miraclebus and in turn ANN, rather than the show actually originally being planned for Fall and then delayed, as was the case with Granblue. I can't say KyoAni will never have a show delayed, it happens to the best, but that's definitely not the case here. People in the know(the sakugablog guys that you are already familiar with) were theorizing this would be Winter weeks ago based on the production.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
^I'm well aware that it has been suspected to be Winter by the folks of the Sakuga Blog (I read it regularly), and saw Kevin's post on Twitter regarding the prescreening at their event and what that implies for the schedule. I'm not comfortable saying that it is 100% without any official announcement, but it is a near certainty that it will be, especially after the details from their event site. I have no reason to believe that it was planned for earlier as unlike A-1, they have not breathed a word on when it would air until maybe now.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
I suppose you're right in that I shouldn't consider it 100%. But a prescreening in late October is a pretty sure sign to me personally. If it's not Winter, I could only see it being even later, since you don't prescreen first episodes after their TV debut.
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 am Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
If this show looks as beautiful as its PVs then I'll be as pleased with KyoAni as I honestly could ever be.
I have no clue what it's about but I'm already excited.

It won't...as in the advertisements they did were straight up adverts for the novels, they might use some of that in the series but I highly doubt it will look that good for the entire run, it's just the nature of making a tv series which requires you spread the budget out over a long period.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote
I just remember that it's been a while since we saw anything about this. Those are pretty CMs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2