• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, May 21-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life In Another World- Chapter 1: A Day in the Capital GN 2

Error
The Re:ZERO manga that was released is Chapter 2: A Week at the Mansion GN1 manga#17904
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing the review of this site at a glance. It was one of the most loaded and pretentious reviews I've ever seen. Already Mahouka, which is a drug was praised as a masterpiece. The reviewers of this site have serious psychological problems, but specifically what did the review of this work.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
PFdaCIA wrote:
I remember seeing the review of this site at a glance. It was one of the most loaded and pretentious reviews I've ever seen. Already Mahouka, which is a drug was praised as a masterpiece. The reviewers of this site have serious psychological problems, but specifically what did the review of this work.

The hell are you even talking about, man? Confused
wastrel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Don't try buying the Kindle edition of Anne Happy GN 5 from Amazon until they fix it. I had it as a preorder, and it was delivered to my Kindle bright and early this morning.... too bad it was some other comic book and not the manga. Reloading didn't fix it, and downloading it onto my computer in the Kindle app reader gave the same wrong comic book.

Well, anybody can make a mistake. I figured I'd just email them a note letting them know to fix it... and damn if they won't let you send them an email about a digital order! Only a phone call or online chat. Like hell I'm waiting on the phone for an hour or god knows how long to tell them about their own damn mistake! So I just got a refund for the e-manga.

I checked again this evening after getting back home from work, and I thought about leaving a review to warn others not to waste their time, and I hit a refresh and they'd just then taken down the Kindle edition version. Someone somewhere got a clue, I guess.

If it comes back, hopefully it will be the right version now, but I'd wait a couple of days to be sure. I'm waiting a couple of days. No, not for the Kindle edition, for the actual paper book. Which I ordered from someplace other than Amazon, that's for damn sure, can't email them my sweet patootie, to hell with this ebook crap.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow that is terrible I wanted Anne Happy E-book since I have been trying go away from paper for space reasons
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
PFdaCIA wrote:

The hell are you even talking about, man? Confused

I would love to know that myself. You do realize PFdaCIA that this is not a review right? This is just a press release list of manga volumes releasing this week. That's all. Mahouka isn't even there unless I missed it. So what in the world are you referring to?
wastrel

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 am Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Wow that is terrible I wanted Anne Happy E-book since I have been trying go away from paper for space reasons

I'm sure they'll get it fixed eventually, and then they'll make it available again. What ticked me off was not being able to send them an email about it since it was a 'digital order'. Like any problem with digital must be the customer being a moron so they want to talk to you on the phone or chat, rather than play email tag. The last thing I want to do is wait an hour to get on the phone with someone, to tell them they made a mistake, and have them not understand or simply not believe me.

I wanted to go to e-books for space reasons as well. But the current size e-ink Kindles are just too small, in my opinion, to display the art of mangas very well. So I'd been using the Kindle app on my computer for mangas anyway. This was just sort of the last straw for me, and I'm just going to stick with good ol' dead trees.
brynhild

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 am Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
Don't try buying the Kindle edition of Anne Happy GN 5 from Amazon until they fix it. I had it as a preorder, and it was delivered to my Kindle bright and early this morning.... too bad it was some other comic book and not the manga. Reloading didn't fix it, and downloading it onto my computer in the Kindle app reader gave the same wrong comic book.

Well, anybody can make a mistake. I figured I'd just email them a note letting them know to fix it... and damn if they won't let you send them an email about a digital order! Only a phone call or online chat. Like hell I'm waiting on the phone for an hour or god knows how long to tell them about their own damn mistake! So I just got a refund for the e-manga.

I checked again this evening after getting back home from work, and I thought about leaving a review to warn others not to waste their time, and I hit a refresh and they'd just then taken down the Kindle edition version. Someone somewhere got a clue, I guess.

If it comes back, hopefully it will be the right version now, but I'd wait a couple of days to be sure. I'm waiting a couple of days. No, not for the Kindle edition, for the actual paper book. Which I ordered from someplace other than Amazon, that's for damn sure, can't email them my sweet patootie, to hell with this ebook crap.

I'm genuinely curious, what are you doing or where are you to have to wait an hour for Amazon Support? Every time I call, which is like every week cause they stuck at packaging books, I'm connected and completed with the call in less than 5 minutes.
wastrel

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am Reply with quote
brynhild wrote:
wastrel wrote:
... Like hell I'm waiting on the phone for an hour or god knows how long to tell them about their own damn mistake! ...

I'm genuinely curious, what are you doing or where are you to have to wait an hour for Amazon Support? Every time I call, which is like every week cause they stuck at packaging books, I'm connected and completed with the call in less than 5 minutes.

Please note the key words above: "an hour or god knows how long". This indicates that I actually have no idea how long it might take, but I suspect it might be a long time. It might, indeed, only be five minutes. I'll never know, because I'm never going to call them.

I dislike talking on the phone. We have in this wondrous computer age a form of asynchronous communication called email. In this situation I did not need to talk to someone in their support department, since they most likely can't fix the problem themselves, but can only at best relay the info to the correct people who could fix the problem. I was willing to quickly type an email. but not willing to wait on a phone, or even talk to someone who is working from a script that will possibly not include the option where Amazon itself screwed up. In far less than 5 minutes I'd canceled the order for the digital copy and ordered a physical copy from another online retail site, and then gotten myself on into work. Yes, I don't have the physical copy yet, but I didn't have the digital copy either did I, so I wasn't going to be reading either of them at lunch, which is what I wanted to do in the first damn place.

There, does THAT explain everything to everyone's satisfaction? Because I'm never going to come here and warn anybody about anything ever again, since apparently needing to explain every single goddamn detail isn't worth my time either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1