• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Staff Makes Land of the Lustrous/Hōseki no Kuni CG TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PotatoGirl

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
I really hope this show is ten times more impressive than Love Live (which shouldn't be too hard to do but still...) because so far I am not impressed. The premise sounds (or is) laughably dumb, a "gem" who is working on a magazine because she wasn't given a purpose unlike her peers...who are fighting people that wants to make into decorations? Really? I have a grave feeling I misunderstood that which is why I want to give this a chance so I can at least try to understand the context but then they decided to make this a CG project of all things...unless it's by Digital Frontier (the people there make marvelous work) or Polygon Pictures (hit-or-miss), then I don't know if I should even bother watching this. I'll give this a benefit of a doubt and wait for the promotional trailer.

If you read the manga, who would find out the natural history magazine gets but in the backseat as Phos tries to get the job she really wants (being a soldier) and all the bad things that come of it. Most of the story talks about death and memories of the past.
And Orange's CGI looks pretty good from my opinion. I'm not as hyped as I used to be, but it still might be pretty good.
HameruIsCool

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping this was the CG studio behind Love Live! Sunshine's CG. Unlike the first series' eye-gouging CG cuts, Sunshine's easily leaped over the uncanny valley. I'd like to see what they could do going further with Sunrise's CG.

I really like LL's directing. It made good use of shots for scenes that effectively conveyed what was needed, likewise for Sunshine.(animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-09-09/the-secret-of-love-live-success/.105882) However, we don't talk about GATE.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

EDIT: I read that the animation production company for this project is minor studio named Orange....... and my expectations has gotten lower than Greece's economy. Still giving them that benefit of a doubt.

I wouldn't call Orange minor. Like, at all. They're the only studio who seem to be able to make CG robots work. Fafner, MJP, Akito and Comet Lucifer's CG were all done by them.

if they can make a mecha with the likes of valvrave the liberator tier in terms of visuals, i'll reconsider them not a minor studio. okay, seriously, theyre cgi was bland, lacks textures and the only thing that makes them special was the way they rig their cgi mechs and give them some awesome , lightweight and fast battles that makes you feel theress no gravity on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2