• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week In Games - Fire Emblem Echoes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
It always makes me a bit annoyed when I see people saying they should play a game on harder difficulties and make fun of people who don't or use assist mechanics. Let people play on the difficulty that they're comfortable with. They're there for a reason.

Also, I don't have any Street Fighter games, as 2-D fighting games aren't my cup of tea (not counting Smash Bros.). I never got into them when I was younger, and it feels like the sort of thing you have to have been into for a long time to actually understand. I think there is something fundamental about the controls I don't really get though. (How strict was the timing in the original Street Fighter II for, say, the Hadoken? I tried playing the original Street Fighter II at an arcade a couple of months ago and could not do a Hadoken, or any other of Ryu's signature moves.)
HeroCrests

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Not content with murdering the rising vidogame star Rayman and dooming him to a future of terrible "comedy" games, the rabbids are now coming for Super Mario. Whether they consider Sonic too fallen out of grace or plan on getting to him later on remains to be seen.

On the other hand I've been hearing great things from SoV, it's a shame I still have to wait for importers to bring it around here since it's not officially released where I live Rolling Eyes
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
In regards to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, putting "Kingdom" in the title reminded me instantly of that one prank from the Wii era with that Mushroom Kingdom Hearts debacle and how people were convinced it was going to happen. The salt was so real following that prank's aftermath. Second, I just want to say Luigi looks utterly badass in that artwork. You see him rollin', you hatin'. XD
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
In regards to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, putting "Kingdom" in the title reminded me instantly of that one prank from the Wii era with that Mushroom Kingdom Hearts debacle and how people were convinced it was going to happen. The salt was so real following that prank's aftermath.

Sounded like a real gas and a painful reminder of why the gaming community isn't as on the ball as they should be.
HeroCrests

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I really do hope it's nothing but a joke. I'm usually tolerant of things kids like, but this is just crossing the line of good taste. As I see it, it could either be a fake or real, so unless someone can prove it's fake I'll unfortunately believe in it, as disgusting as it is.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Sounded like a real gas and a painful reminder of why the gaming community isn't as on the ball as they should be.

It sure was, and a good example of how some people buy too easily into things that they should look at a bit more analytically. Those same people who let themselves believe it didn't bother to just stop and think, "Wait, how can this even work?" and "Mario and Kingdom Hearts having a crossover? There's just no way this is feasible," instead of going "OMG, the hype is real!" when they read it somewhere online.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure of what to say about Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Perhaps the Mushroom Kingdom might be more thrilling with the Rabbids' chaotic activity and meme-worthy poses, but I don't much hope that it'll translate into a enjoyable experience.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
So...This Week in Games...Next Week's Releases?

Kinda a bit redudnant when all 3 of those came out on the 26th, of the same week, so it should have said "This Week's Releases" instead, oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1