• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix CEO: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III Launch in Next 3 Years

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
Awesome. That won't happen.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Awesome. That won't happen.

Pretty much this, I'll take that '3 years' with a whole lot of salt. They even only just recently put up recruitment info on their website for FFVII.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
So anywhere between May 2017 and May 2020, gotcha. Personally I think Final Fantasy VII Remake is farther along than that job listing people mentioned suggests. That's more likely for Part II than Part I. They already wrapped voiceover recording for Part I so the story is obviously finished and script mostly finalized, can't rule out re-recording lines or last minute changes.
Ultimatum

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh gosh.

Well, I hope it comes within that stretch of time for the sake of KH and FF7 fans all over. A lot of my friends are fans of both, and one JUST platinumed the PS4 HD release of FF7 so she could be ready for the new remake.

That "three years or so" did make me laugh a little, though. That hedging!

Wasn't there a news story less than a year ago that was like, "FF7 for sure in 2018", though? I didn't 100% believe it would happen but now I'm not sure if I imagined it or not. Didn't believe KH3 would exist this year, so I'm not...very surprised on that count.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much they'll be cross gen with the PS5 :^)
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
"Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III Launch in Next 3 Years"

Well jeez, that inspires confidence, doesn't it. Rolling Eyes
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
So anywhere between May 2017 and May 2020, gotcha. Personally I think Final Fantasy VII Remake is farther along than that job listing people mentioned suggests. That's more likely for Part II than Part I. They already wrapped voiceover recording for Part I so the story is obviously finished and script mostly finalized, can't rule out re-recording lines or last minute changes.

I don't trust game companies when it comes to timetables. These things always get pushed back somehow.
YROSHIKU

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
And meanwhile they'll keep on releasing more bullshit Remixes of KH plus expansions for FF XIV and XV.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Three years (maybe) for FF VII part 1 and then what another year for part 2-and then what if there is a part 3.

The kicker being they're breaking it down into "parts" because money.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
YROSHIKU wrote:
And meanwhile they'll keep on releasing more bullshit Remixes of KH plus expansions for FF XIV and XV.

KH 2.8 is their last remaster game. They're definitely working on KH3 and FF7 remake now..
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Three years (maybe) for FF VII part 1 and then what another year for part 2-and then what if there is a part 3.

The kicker being they're breaking it down into "parts" because money.
They broke it up because they want to recreate the entire game as well as add new content. They don't want to cut corners or content, but Square wasn't willing to give them a large enough budget to do it in one shot, so it was split into what I assume will be a trilogy so that they could pack everything in and then some. Yeah, Square wants to get more money out of it, every developer would, but at least the director and producer have the best of intentions going into it. Having said that, I think it'll take two to three years in-between parts because they aren't working on them simultaneously. It's one at a time. By all accounts VII Remake is probably there to bridge the gap between XV and XVI and then V or VI Remake to bridge the gap between XVI and XVII.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
So we have to wait till the next decade for these to come out? Ok, that's fine by me. I'm still waiting for other games like Cyberpunk 2077 and that probably won't come till next year either. Hopefully, they're at least worth the wait.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I know I shouldn't be astonished by Square-Enix's incompetence in more, but what can I say? I am still astonished by their incompetence. I can't think of anyone else in the entire industry that has managed game development so poorly without closing down entirely after (or before) their first game.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't of bothered announcing them until later IMO.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

I don't trust game companies when it comes to timetables. These things always get pushed back somehow.

They typically get pushed back after already having an estimated timetable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2