• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Robotics;Notes Game Sequel, Steins;Gate Update, Switch Version of Anonymous;Code Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
Interesting news, hope some (well all) of these can make their way westwards.

For me though I'm mainly interested in the Robotics;Notes sequel, sadly not been able to play the game but the anime was by quite a distance my favourite of the ';' series so more of it is most welcome. Please someone bring over the original though.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Any updates on the anime adaptation of Steins;Gate 0?
Selipse

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I was just hoping for Anonymous;Code's release date and we didn't even get that. lol

Oh well, I'm really excited for Occultic;Nine. Too bad that didn't get a Switch release (though that's probably why A;C got delayed). The Switch has to be the new VN machine. It's perfect for that purpose.

I hope they don't take long with those Steam releases. Gotta finally play Robotics;Notes before DaSH comes out. Also Noah.

I'm worried about Steins;Gate Elite. When I first read the news it just said "new project" and thought it was a sequel. I wasn't sure about a sequel since S;G's story is already complete and perfect. Then I read the details and saw it was a sort of remake with new content and story revisions. And I'm even less sure about it now, since as I just said, it's already perfect. The only way I could see it work is if they streamlined S;G 0's story and unify it with the original.

Well, we'll see how it goes.

DeTroyes wrote:

This, too. What's going on with that?
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait until the inevitable day that all the VN's just start releasing on Switch. It's the perfect platform for them, and it's basically replacing the Vita's previously held niche in Japan. I have both Steins;Gate games for PS4 and PS3 and there were so many times where I wished I could just play them portably (Vita's remote play feature sort of remedied that but only within short distances from my system) so Switch versions would be perfect. I'm also interested to see what this whole Steins;Gate Elite deal is about, and I wonder if it would get an update patch for the western PS3 version of the game (not that I feel like digging that thing out of the attic for just one game). And I too am impatiently waiting on any updates on the Steins;Gate Zero anime adaption. I don't think we've heard anything about it since it's initial reveal alongside the game itself.
Selipse

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
I'm also interested to see what this whole Steins;Gate Elite deal is about, and I wonder if it would get an update patch for the western PS3 version of the game (not that I feel like digging that thing out of the attic for just one game).

Yeah, there's no way that's happening, even for the Japanese version. Laughing It is a new game.

Jayhosh wrote:
And I too am impatiently waiting on any updates on the Steins;Gate Zero anime adaption. I don't think we've heard anything about it since it's initial reveal alongside the game itself.

Well, we did get that alternative version of episode 23 during the rebroadcast that essentially adapts the beginning of Zero. But yeah, that was... holy crap, a year and a half ago.
Seeing how there was no news about it, I'm starting to doubt it'll air this year...
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I just realized this. Since the sequel is labeled DaSH, do you think the additions in Elite and the focus of the sequel itself will have anything to do with spoiler[Daru]? I think it'll mostly be a further set up. It'd be fun if there's a new gameplay system that has something to do with hacking.

By the way, it's already been confirmed how Chaos;Child is heading westward right? I know it takes a lot of work, but I really hope the new titles get the same treatment.
Selipse

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I just realized this. Since the sequel is labeled DaSH, do you think the additions in Elite and the focus of the sequel itself will have anything to do with spoiler[Daru]?

Pretty sure it will. The video for the announcements shows what is clearly his silhouette.
FG_Scientist

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:

The visual novel game has been officially localized in English since last year. We have an English version for PS4 and PS Vita.

Steins;Gate 0 is an amazing story. Its story structure is kind of weird to adapt linearly, so the anime production people must have their minds boggled on how to do it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1