• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice & Wolf Manga 'Heads Toward Finale' in 16th Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revan32

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
I wish YP would hurry up with their English releases already. The series is still stuck at vol.12, with 13 coming out in July, and 14 in October.
At this rate, I won't have the complete series until the end of next year.
brynhild

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
up to what volume of the original novels did the manga adapt ?
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
I've only watched the anime, but didn't they already have a kid or something? I remember seeing a manga cover on cdjapan for S&W with Lawrence with a white haired girl that has wolf ears.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote
Revan32 wrote:
I wish YP would hurry up with their English releases already. The series is still stuck at vol.12, with 13 coming out in July, and 14 in October.
At this rate, I won't have the complete series until the end of next year.

While YP does get criticism about the LN handling (upon hearing about the typo frequency, I can see that), they are the manga licensor here with the biggest LN print output. That should say something.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Tempest_Wing wrote:
I've only watched the anime, but didn't they already have a kid or something? I remember seeing a manga cover on cdjapan for S&W with Lawrence with a white haired girl that has wolf ears.

Yes, the continuation novel of Spice & Wolf, spoiler[Parchment& Wolf, centers around Holo and Lawrence's daughter Myuri]. Incidentally, YP will be releasing it also.

Also, those who read the original novel remember that it ended at volume 17. However, it will continue in two new installments, titled Spring Log I and II, volume 18 is to be out by YP in June and the latter sometime after that. Then the first volume of the continuation novel is slated by YP to have a preliminary release date November this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1