• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix CEO: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III Launch in Next 3 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quote
KH3 I expect we will see late next year, FF7 well that is anyone's guess, 3 years sounds realistic though.

Hopefully we don't have another FF15 debacle again.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
BigHeadClan wrote:
KH3 I expect we will see late next year, FF7 well that is anyone's guess, 3 years sounds realistic though.

Hopefully we don't have another FF15 debacle again.

Fans just didn't appreciate that to remake FF7 into the modern gaming era, you would have to remake it FROM SCRATCH. Like, back to absolute skeleton.
For all its legendary story reputation over the past generations, there's nothing about the original's "Minecraft People" characters or static photo backgrounds that even remotely resembles the photo-realistic character design or movement of the cinematics by FF X/X2 and afterwards.
I've always expected this to be one of those things where fans' eyes were bigger than the company's production schedules, and that's with Square already busy beating FFXV into spinoff pulp.

Just finally made the big upgrade to PS4 this week (just in time for Persona 5! Anime exclamation ), and I expect there won't be too much more of a year or two before KH3.
And, there's still KH1.5+2.5 freshly re-upgraded in the meantime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2