• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Musume's Tatsuya Yoshihara Directs Black Clover TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
Weird choices, also I guess it will be a Fall 2017 show.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Weird choices, also I guess it will be a Fall 2017 show.

Too soon. It'll most likely air in Naruto Shippuden's timeslot which should be free next year in Spring.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kazuyuki Fudeyasu - Did Series Composition for Ben-To, GochiUsa series, Hajime no Ippo Rising + New Challenger, Hetalia: The Beautiful World, Monster Musume, Muromi-san, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Walkure Romanze, Yatterman Night. Has worked on script for episodes of Bleach, Claymore, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Nana, SKET Dance, Zettai Karen Children, etc.

It´s gonna be a faithful adaptation all over again, for God´s sake. Or well, so I think, but I don´t know. It´s just that a good chunk of the series he´s worked on are faithful adaptations, which I didn´t want here, because there´s a lot of non-canon stories they can add. And those are the only ones I would watch out of this. But they´re gonna copy the glorified template that is the manga, so I expect it doesn´t become popular(SAO, Mirai Nikki) if it goes for the 1:1 route.
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Quote:
Kazuyuki Fudeyasu - Did Series Composition for Ben-To, GochiUsa series, Hajime no Ippo Rising + New Challenger, Hetalia: The Beautiful World, Monster Musume, Muromi-san, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Walkure Romanze, Yatterman Night. Has worked on script for episodes of Bleach, Claymore, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Nana, SKET Dance, Zettai Karen Children, etc.

It´s gonna be a faithful adaptation all over again, for God´s sake. Or well, so I think, but I don´t know. It´s just that a good chunk of the series he´s worked on are faithful adaptations, which I didn´t want here, because there´s a lot of non-canon stories they can add. And those are the only ones I would watch out of this. But they´re gonna copy the glorified template that is the manga, so I expect it doesn´t become popular(SAO, Mirai Nikki) if it goes for the 1:1 route.

Not sure why you posted 3 times, but isn't the point of an anime adaption to adapt the manga material? What's wrong with it being faithful? A good chunk of people I've seen have said it's gonna be bombarded with filler for being adapted by Pierrot.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
SkerllyF wrote:
Quote:

Not sure why you posted 3 times, but isn't the point of an anime adaption to adapt the manga material? What's wrong with it being faithful? A good chunk of people I've seen have said it's gonna be bombarded with filler for being adapted by Pierrot.

This was a mistake. Apparently, each time I edit a post, it posts that edit as a new post, and for some reason I cannot erase it. Can ANN fix this problem please?

On Topic, BC is shallow as hell. Just read this: Glorified Template of a Manga. It means that is a glorified pitch, so Pierrot should use some of it to expand it. But if they do a 1:1 copy like in elDlive and Yona of the Dawn, it's gonna suck for everyone.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Tatsuya Yoshihara (Monster Musume, Yatterman Night, Muromi-san, Long Riders!) will direct the television anime
Ehhh
Quote:
Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Is the order a rabbit?, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Yatterman Night) is handling the series composition
Ehhhhh
Quote:
Itsuko Takeda (Ristorante Paradiso, Level E, Blue Drop) is the character designer and Kumiko Tokunaga (2nd season of Kingdom) is the sub-character
Ehhhhhhhh
Quote:
Aiko Shinohara (Fairy Tail, The Heroic Legend of Arslan) is handling the color design
Which Part cause the latter half(From like the middle of tenrou and onward) of it looked ugly and 2014 was so off.
Quote:
Minako Seki (The Silver Guardian, both seasons of Kingdom) is composing the music.
Okay Neutral
I guess ill just wait till we get a trailer of something cause the choices here are kinda ehhhhhhhhh.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
Quote:
Tatsuya Yoshihara (Monster Musume, Yatterman Night, Muromi-san, Long Riders!) will direct the television anime
Ehhh

The Monster Musume anime adaptation was honestly really good.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Black Clover is kinda like a "Your Child's First Manga"; it's very simple, and there really isn't much in the way of stakes or character complexity. It can be pretty fun at times, and i've enjoyed the most recent chapters. The people mentioned have done some good stuff before, so this could be a decent adaptation.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard good things about this manga in the West, but it's #3 in WSJ behind One Piece and MHA currently. Hope it does better than Twin Star Exorcists.

And meanwhile... WHERE IS THE PROMISED NEVERLAND ANIME????
Crystalblade13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
I haven't heard good things about this manga in the West, but it's #3 in WSJ behind One Piece and MHA currently. Hope it does better than Twin Star Exorcists.

And meanwhile... WHERE IS THE PROMISED NEVERLAND ANIME????

I'll be the next to tell you that black clover sucks and I couldn't stand it. Also, your 10000% right, where's our damn promised neverland anime!? That Series is amazing.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Black Clover is not bad. Yeah, it's incredibly generic, but it can actually be pretty fun. If they just get the character interactions right with cool fight scenes, I think it'd be a pretty easy sell.

(Don't you think it's a bit too early for The Promised Neverland to get an anime?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1