• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
I liked the episode, I thought that it was a good way to bring us back to the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

One thing I really like about this sports festival contest is that almost every relevant character gets some spotlight with their quirk so it isn't pushing any single character to the moon with their abilities.

Ofc, Bakugo would go in and try take the most spotlight himself. Nothing surprising there.

Todoroki impressed me the a lot this episode but it's Deku that impressed me the most with his clever thinking. These kids making their parents proud!

Got the excitement I had expected from the competition so far. I'm also glad to hear one of my favorite OST from the previous season return this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:12 am Reply with quote
Izuku really managed to announce himself. Although that announcement has kind of put him at a dissadvantange that everyone will be after his head. Still worth it for Bakugo's frustration of being third.

That one girl looked like she almost made 3d manoeuvre gear. I wonder if she will take a bigger role in the show going forward, what with her apparently not clashing against the hero students.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:05 am Reply with quote
How did they jump from 5 to 10 million pts over 42 contestants in increments of 5 pts? Very Happy Is 2nd place only worth 205 pts?

Do all the members of the team get 10 mil pts each if they take down Deku? I'd think the strategy for the 2nd-4th place players would be to join Deku and protect the shit out of him, which they could do. Not letting anyone get that far ahead would be in their best interests.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
I was thinking the same thing, but I also looked at some alternatives. They said that 41st was worth 10, so if you instead took it to be each higher place was double the previous in terms of worth points, then first place would be worth 1.09951 x10^13, a lot higher.

Another key factor to team up with him might be that you get the chance of more people going after the strongest for opportunity for that team. While others may avoid the similarly strong higher places that are not worth the points.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Well, besides the fact that 10^13 is way over the mark, they showed the points for many of the low end and they were going up by 5 each.

I suppose 2-5 might team up and try to take him down first, but I think they'd rather no one have that sort of unbeatable edge (unless they're worried points for future challenges will be in the 10^13 range. Smile).

They'd also get to show off more protecting him from everyone, than joining everyone trying to get him. This is a Hero competition, after all. The more I think about it, that really is the way for them to go, since it will look so much better for them to have a teammate's back against a mob than to be part of the mob. People love an underdog. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Oh Mineta just never ceases to amuse me. This guy just brings in so much humor.

I find it pretty funny how everyone is sort of alienating Deku because of his status in this comp now. Kinda interesting to see Mei approaching Deku and offering her help though. I think the episode mostly tried to hype up this event for the first half while getting to the epic parts which is the cavalry battle.

Deku's team is immediately targeted from the start but I'm not surprised. Good thing Mei is allied with them as her gadgets came in quite handy. Mei is the hero we need! I think the show did a rather clever job at portraying her role so far.

Poor Bakugo for dropping his guard. Anyway, I want to see some Todoroki action next time. Should be fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:21 am Reply with quote
The boys on team invisagirl are perpetually blushing because she is apparently riding topless. Actually kind of raised the question of whether her hero costume turns invisible, is really see-through, or very bare. It does raise question that whether any dirt she might get on her would reveal part of her body, like would she even have the same complexity in terms of being naked when no one can see her body?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 10 (episode 23)

This was pretty amazing, might be hard to think that it could go beyond the Uraraka episode last week, but this did so, the best episode of the series. Izuku vs Todoroki, it was great. The emotional payoff of Todoroki owning who he is rather than thinking his father would define him, great that it was something from All Might.
Gore17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The boys on team invisagirl are perpetually blushing because she is apparently riding topless. Actually kind of raised the question of whether her hero costume turns invisible, is really see-through, or very bare. It does raise question that whether any dirt she might get on her would reveal part of her body, like would she even have the same complexity in terms of being naked when no one can see her body?

Her hero costume is literally just gloves and shoes. So, yeah, no nudity taboo.

Also, the mangaka once included a "tasteful nude" of her in the compilation. :p
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
Show is back this week with the start of the second half/cour.

New OP song imo is better than the previous with the action clips shown.

For episode 14 itself, I'm starting to like Gran Torino already because of his personality and not to mention, he moves super fast with his quirk. Deku could learn a lot from him. I think the buildup this episode for the arc is worth watching as it gives more insight to how the other characters like Bakugo will be potentially developed.

Oh and it seems Stain doesn't really like Tomura.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:08 pm Reply with quote
So I just watched the new episode and yeah... Am I missing something? Because I'm not impressed. I mean it's possible that the terrible animation in this episode was a contributing factor, but this wasn't that great. After all the hype built up for Stain, I was expecting a lot more.
Gore17

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
So I just watched the new episode and yeah... Am I missing something? Because I'm not impressed. I mean it's possible that the terrible animation in this episode was a contributing factor, but this wasn't that great. After all the hype built up for Stain, I was expecting a lot more.

No, I'm disappointed as well. One of the best parts of the manga, at least to me, and it's been a disappointment in the anime. Sad

I can't help but suspect they've spent their time and effort on the Sports Festival and the follow-up arc, and this arc has gotten the shaft.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
I don't know, I kind of liked it. Perhaps it was just bad animation, but I thought that how Stain's character design was often contorted, and how he generally came across was a kind of cool way to show him as something different to what has been up till now. I thought it was generally cool.

What was not cool though was things like repeating the same thing that happened earlier, like the beginning of the episode, and I think how Deku came across them. Like they should have just chosen one of the points of view and focus on it to really control the mood. 18if kind of had a similar problem in a recent episode, the repeated scene not different enough to really add anything.
JayHairston

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3LmbagYoA&t=2s

For those who didn't know:

We were only going to be able to bring you 6 episodes of dubs that air the same day as the subs, but studio BONES in Japan and our team at Funimation kept up the pace for a whopping 14 episodes!

The fan response was so great we plan to do more same-day dubs in the future. But for now, episode 27 was our last same-day scheduled for Season Two of My Hero Academia, and we will be returning to our usual dub schedule of airing two weeks after Japan. Stay tuned for the episode 28 SimulDub™ airing tomorrow July 29th, only on FunimationNow!

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6