• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Can Oculus Founder Palmer Luckey Bring Us More Re:Zero?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Not_Nitsugalego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
The absolute madman
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
If I had that much money I would be trying to get second season of a lot of anime.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Not_Nitsugalego wrote:
The absolute madman

Who doesn't love a good madman?

i salute him for the effort Smile
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I [expletive] hate it how everything about this series especially here in the West revolves around Rem. She's not a very good character. She's a bland waifubait. And her fanbase is the most cancerous group of people I have ever seen.
ayashe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I like Rem, and I'd love more Re:Zero, but that just sounds boring.
Gabriel Augusto Vidigal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:12 pm Reply with quote
What an wonderful news!! I wanted an animations of the "if" chapters since the beggining, it this guy could do it, it would be great.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:34 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
I [expletive] hate it how everything about this series especially here in the West revolves around Rem. She's not a very good character. She's a bland waifubait. And her fanbase is the most cancerous group of people I have ever seen.

Didn't think it needed to be pointed out, but I'm certain that 99% of so called waifu enthusiasts are just having fun in tongue in cheek fashion, even fishing for responses like the above.

But Rem's overall appeal in understandable. Even sympathetic in the show's context. Much more so than Emelia or whatever the white haired girl is as developed so far...

Take notes, ladies!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:

Can't speak about the fanbase, but I think Rem has a lot of character. With all the death and destruction going on in this show, Rem still made the time to express her feelings and make the hard decisions that was best for both her and Subaru.

The end of episode 15 sealed the deal for me. The show and its characters are great.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:

I don't like Rem (Ram is way better) but I can sort of understand where the appeal is as she ticks a lot of the perfect waifu boxes.
But I would totally love to see more stuff that isn't Rem-based.

Where's my damn Betel merch. Perfect waifu right there.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
KilluaX3 wrote:

Didn't think it needed to be pointed out, but I'm certain that 99% of so called waifu enthusiasts are just having fun in tongue in cheek fashion, even fishing for responses like the above.

But Rem's overall appeal in understandable. Even sympathetic in the show's context. Much more so than Emelia or whatever the white haired girl is as developed so far...

Take notes, ladies!

That's easy say when only one of them has been completely fleshed out at early stages of the series. But that's pretty meaningless distinction in the grand scheme of things when dealing with a story where every character eventually gets development. So she's not that special even there, she got first for reasons I won't say, but that's all. Coming from somebody who likes Rem, this is frankly low-hanging fruit. Even now most of the females in the series are well characterized and appealing to others despite not know everything about all of them right off the bat.

Last edited by Iron Maw on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I would be amused if the next animated project was the What IF scenario before any other possible work.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
The only Rem I like is from Final Fantasy Type-0.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:

The most cancerous group you've ever seen eh? May I kindly point you towards the Steven Universe fanbase?
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
He would be the hero we need, but don't deserve
Soulpiece

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
One thing though, does he know jp & read the official books or read fan scanlations
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2