• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G's Perfect Bones Anime Lists New Title, 2018 Launch on Netflix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
Lot of big names working on this one. Crossing my fingers Netflix Japan will have English subtitles...
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
Now instead of people confusing it with Beautiful Bones, they'll just confuse it with Atom the Beginning. Nice.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:56 am Reply with quote
princess passa passa wrote:
Lot of big names working on this one. Crossing my fingers Netflix Japan will have English subtitles...
from the article
Quote:
Netflix stated when it revealed the anime that it will be "the first ever original anime title to debut all episodes simultaneously in 190 countries around the world."
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:50 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch the hell out of this Very Happy
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Does the bit about simultaneous streaming mean that Netflix will abandon its long-held policy of not showing episodes on a weekly basis? They are so stuck on their notion that "everyone" binge watches everything that they have made it impossible to follow their licensed shows as they air. Little Witch Academia is a case in point, but they followed the same policy with Kurumukuro. Because LWA comes from Trigger, and started off as OVAs, it has attracted a lot of viewings by illegal methods, and those viewers have kept up the commentary about the show on anime sites. Kurumukuro totally flew under the radar.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Does the bit about simultaneous streaming mean that Netflix will abandon its long-held policy of not showing episodes on a weekly basis? They are so stuck on their notion that "everyone" binge watches everything that they have made it impossible to follow their licensed shows as they air. Little Witch Academia is a case in point, but they followed the same policy with Kurumukuro. Because LWA comes from Trigger, and started off as OVAs, it has attracted a lot of viewings by illegal methods, and those viewers have kept up the commentary about the show on anime sites. Kurumukuro totally flew under the radar.

They're never ditching that model. Their binge streaming style is one of the things that put them on the map in the first place. Not to mention that all episodes will come out at the same time as it says on the article further showing that the binge watching model is here to stay.
awsomeboy360

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
Seems like Netflix is joining the anime game or cartoons that are targeted to an older (debatably mature) audience. First, it was Castlevania, and now it is gonna be Perfect Bones. With the amount of money that Netflix has, and these big names in Japan and US working in these project, I'm HOOKED. Gonna get Netflix this year for SURE!
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
yuna49 wrote:

They're never ditching that model. Their binge streaming style is one of the things that put them on the map in the first place. Not to mention that all episodes will come out at the same time as it says on the article further showing that the binge watching model is here to stay.

If they do that ReLife thing and release all of the episodes at once at the beginning of the season, that's something that I can get behind. Waiting till the end of the season is what annoys me, and ruins the hype for so many of their shows. If they try hard enough to compete with Anime Strike, I could see them changing eventually to an actual simulcast release method. They obviously don't want to do that, but if they have enough competition it seems like they're willing to do it. They DO stream weekly in Japan for example.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
princess passa passa wrote:
from the article
Quote:
Netflix stated when it revealed the anime that it will be "the first ever original anime title to debut all episodes simultaneously in 190 countries around the world."

Yea but that doesn't mention English subtitles...
I know seeing "simultaneously in 190 countries" makes you think that but Netflix Japan might not bother to cus you know in Japan people speak Japanese...
I've been burnt before so I'm holding out till confirmation.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
^I guess the question then becomes, are you IN JAPAN? Because if you are in a country with any sort of English speaking audience where Netflix exists, you are going to have English subs. Unless you are going to be living in Japan when this comes out, I'm not sure why it would matter if Netflix Japan has English subs or not.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
Despite Amazon and Netflix getting more into the anime streaming, they are still flawed with how they present anime. The former being that extra premium price and the latter with binge watching. That will be the day when a company their size develops a better CR-level rapport with the anime community and airs the episode weekly in uncensored/ATX form.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1