• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saitama Man Arrested for Obscenity Claims He Was Imitating Dōjin Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Poor doujin artist getting flack for some random pedophile's actions.
Not_Nitsugalego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Suspect allegedly pretended to be radiation inspector to gain entry into homes

Oh man, he was imitating THAT doujin.[/code]
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's as good as an excuse as any.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Not_Nitsugalego wrote:
Quote:
Suspect allegedly pretended to be radiation inspector to gain entry into homes

Oh man, he was imitating THAT doujin.[/code]

That feel when you know exactly what doujinshi they're talking about from just the short summary on the home page...

The work in question is actually kind of noteworthy as it actually shows how traumatic and life destroying such an event is to the victim in a rather realistic way.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Here we go....now people will claim dojins are ruining the minds of the youths. This is the extreme few though. This man MUST have a problem or something because no rational person goes out a imitates something they saw in a fictional story, must less a dojin. Hesus this person must have been off their nut to try this.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Suspect allegedly pretended to be radiation inspector to gain entry into homes, sexually assault minors

It's..... it's that doujin isn't it....... i can't believe i'm reading this with my own two eyes.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on! Immitating doujin my ass. That stuff's been done in real life for decades. The doujin was immitating real life.
amc9988

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Is it wrong for me to know what doujin that is? Everyone here SEEMS to know the doujin that the artice refer to
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
What is this doujin everyone keeps saying? im the only who does not know and i have read a few.
Nasako

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I thought I was weird for having read the doujin in question, but everyone else seems to have read it lol. This story is sad and all, but imitating a doujin? Really? That's his excuse? Hopefully the doujin artist doesn't get too much shit for this, he/she was just doing what they loved I'd assume, and obviously they had no idea it'd be imitated.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
The doujinshi may have inspired him but it did not make him do such atrocious acts.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
What is this doujin everyone keeps saying? im the only who does not know and i have read a few.

Just like the article says: a man pretends to be a radiation inspector in order to assault a girl who was home alone.

Nasako wrote:
Hopefully the doujin artist doesn't get too much shit for this, he/she was just doing what they loved I'd assume, and obviously they had no idea it'd be imitated.

Honestly the way that doujinshi ends I think the author's intent was to make the readers feel bad for enjoying it and discourage such behaviour.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Oh come on! Immitating doujin my ass. That stuff's been done in real life for decades. The doujin was immitating real life.

I was actually thinking about that when I read this article. Like, it's pretty unfortunate that the author's work might've been used in such an awful way, but at the same time, it didn't take a doujin manga for this guy to carry out his actions, and it certainly didn't take a doujin manga for the countless people throughout the centuries to commit unspeakable acts against fellow humans.

Basically, one could imitate many made-up scenarios in order to commit atrocities, but the original made-up scenario was built on an idea that has existed in reality throughout human history.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Just another "here we go again" thing. Some idiot is trying to lessen his culpability for a horrific act by blaming something else. "Video Games made me do it' "Anime made me do it" "A doujin made me do it."

I didn't watch episode of Highlander growing up and think it was ok to go around and cut people's heads off!

Honestly feel for the illustrator. It's absolute BS that he should have even been approached.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

I didn't know, either. Had to solve the mystery myself: it's called spoiler[Geiger Counter].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3