• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at magic high school Anime Film Earns 163 Million Yen in Opening Weekend

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Hmm does this count as a good start or it could be better? not really that much familiar when it comes down to movie sales and whats considered good or bad ^^
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 am Reply with quote
Good or bad...Season 2 of Mahouka will happen.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Good or bad...Season 2 of Mahouka will happen.

i truly hope so aswell loved the anime.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Hmm does this count as a good start or it could be better? not really that much familiar when it comes down to movie sales and whats considered good or bad ^^

It's half of what SAO:Ordinal Scale made it's opening weekend. In the same vein, looking at the screens for the US release, they're mostly third tier locations.

Of course, SAO is a hugely popular franchise...
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:

It's fairly good looking at the number of theaters. I could see this getting an expanded theatrical release in the upcoming weeks if it maintains this. Good for fans, for sure.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

It's half of what SAO:Ordinal Scale made it's opening weekend. In the same vein, looking at the screens for the US release, they're mostly third tier locations.

Of course, SAO is a hugely popular franchise...

SAO was also released in 150+ theaters, while Mahouka only released in around 60 or so.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
T.Silver wrote:

SAO was also released in 150+ theaters, while Mahouka only released in around 60 or so.

Doesn't that mean it actually did pretty well? Shocked

To be honest, as a fan of the franchise, after reading the review from Anime-Now, saying it's a solid action movie, I am interested in watching it. I'm thankful Odex is planning it to run in my country. I've always assumed Mahouka to be on the non-mainstream side, but I guess the fanbase really is pretty strong.

(I paused a bit reading the news about King of Prism, by the way. Confused )
T.Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
T.Silver wrote:

Doesn't that mean it actually did pretty well? Shocked

To be honest, as a fan of the franchise, after reading the review from Anime-Now, saying it's a solid action movie, I am interested in watching it. I'm thankful Odex is planning it to run in my country. I've always assumed Mahouka to be on the non-mainstream side, but I guess the fanbase really is pretty strong.

(I paused a bit reading the news about King of Prism, by the way. Confused )

Yeah, i was just saying it was a bit unfair to compare it to SAO, which had a wider realease to start off with.

Well the light novel is extremely popular, so i would say its pretty mainstream actually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1