• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irresponsible Galaxy Tylor Anime Casts Hina Higuchi, Takuya Eguchi, Ayaka Suwa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
I hope it will be good but, if not, I hope it will at least drum up interest in the original series, which should be on everyone's Top 10 Anime list.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is based on the Irresponsible Kids novels? I never got a chance to read them and have only heard about them years ago. Were the novels ever translated?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Nogizaka 46 idol group member Hina Higuchi will voice the robot Yamamoto, while Takuya Eguchi will voice the similarly named Yamamoto

I like to hope this character will have some manner of connection to the lieutenant of the original series with the same name. For long-standing fans, it'd be almost cruel to do otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I wonder if this is based on the Irresponsible Kids novels? I never got a chance to read them and have only heard about them years ago. Were the novels ever translated?

So far none of the novels have been translated, my love for Tylor is so deep that I imported them(not The Irresponsible Kids but all the Tylor-centric ones) and took a few steps to translate them myself but I haven't got very far yet, basically self-teaching myself to read Kanji. Someone will probably beat me to it but as long as it gets done I will be supremely happy.
blewan1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
I just watched the show and the 10 episode OVA not too long ago. The last few episodes of the OVA which you watch after the show started this new conflict and they didn't finish it. It literally ends as a cliffhanger like Berserk did (although not as bad). I always wondered if they would ever adapt the rest of Tylors story despite the production being 20 plus years ago. Seeing this provides at most a glimmer of hope of that being done but I doubt it. I am assuming the anime is an adaptation of the novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1