• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon's Anime Strike Announces Full Summer Lineup, Premiere Dates

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
It's nice to know which shows Amazon licensed vs. Sentai. I'm glad for Sentai getting the shows they got, and I completely get why they are streaming them on Amazon. I'm not mad at Sentai. I'm just mad at Amazon (for similar reasons everyone else is)

I think the next great running gag for the anime community here in the USA is this Amazon domination. One of the previous big ones was and still is AoA's high priced DVD/BD.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Beansprout Midget wrote:
It's nice to know which shows Amazon licensed vs. Sentai. I'm glad for Sentai getting the shows they got, and I completely get why they are streaming them on Amazon. I'm not mad at Sentai. I'm just mad at Amazon (for similar reasons everyone else is)

I think the next great running gag for the anime community here in the USA is this Amazon domination. One of the previous big ones was and still is AoA's high priced DVD/BD.

Don't forget PonyCan's pricing. Wink
animefanworried

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Amazon's shady business practices and strong arm corporate monopoly building have finally reared their ugly heads in the anime community. How quaint.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
At least AoA has the courtesy of putting some of their dubs on Hulu. As I have not bought an anime DVD is almost 6 years (streaming snob), this helps.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
At least AoA has the courtesy of putting some of their dubs on Hulu. As I have not bought an anime DVD is almost 6 years (streaming snob), this helps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4