• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2017: Fullmetal Alchemist Live-Action Film Panel + Q&A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
I cannot believe I forgot about this. Shame.

I'm glad to hear people responded so well to the footage of the film. I feel pretty good about this. Hopefully Funimation/Aniplex can get it state-side for showings. If they did, I'd go in a heartbeat.

My only question: is Rie Kugimiya voicing Alphonse? That's the only thing I'm still worried about at this point.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist franchise remains one of, if not the most popular anime series in the last 15 years alongside Death Note and Shōnen Jump staples.

The way this is worded seems to imply that Fullmetal Alchemist is a Shonen Jump series, it's certainly a shonen manga, but it didn't run in Jump or any other Shueisha publication.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
My only question: is Rie Kugimiya voicing Alphonse? That's the only thing I'm still worried about at this point.

This is what I want to know too. They changed the voice for Koro sensei in the Ansatsu Kyoushitsu movies so there's the possibility they may change Al's voice.

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Quote:
Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist franchise remains one of, if not the most popular anime series in the last 15 years alongside Death Note and Shōnen Jump staples.

The way this is worded seems to imply that Fullmetal Alchemist is a Shonen Jump series, it's certainly a shonen manga, but it didn't run in Jump or any other Shueisha publication.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the wording.

I'm curious how far in the story the movie will get. I mean, this is a long series so it doesn't seem very possible to fit everything into two hours.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow reading this making me have my hope up even more! When I saw the trailer, I was already excited honestly..Wish I was there though to witness Ryosuke Yamada in person!! He's such a cutie! and he definitely fits Ed's role. I hope Funi or someone license it in the US and release it in theaters here when December hits!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Edward Elric is not a Japanese character.

You heard it here, folks. XD
Hidders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
How did you get in the mindset of playing a character that's experienced so much tragedy?

Yamada: For preparation, I obviously studied a lot of the anime and manga but I also took a lot of people's input and just let it come to me.

How does working on this film compare to working on the live-action Assassination Classroom film and can you compare Edward to Nagisa?

Yamada: Both works are from anime and manga but they are just so polar opposite characters. Nagisa is much more quiet and shy while Edward is much more manly, and outgoing.

Gad dang it, Yama-chan!

So that's why your Nagisa was so fricking meek. If you thought Nagisa was shy then you didn't actually read/watch the source material. Sure, Nagisa was quiet but meek & shy he was not.

I adore Yama-chan, his acting was really good as a kid, but nowadays it makes me sick sometimes...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1