• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
[...] Mind you, I guess it's no longer being held in Maryland...

Washington, D.C. is surrounded on 3 sides by Maryland. For all intents and purposes, it is in Maryland. [I'm pretty sure that a big part of the reason that that it's never been merged into Maryland by Congress is is that D.C.'s leading politicians would rather be big fish in a small pond rather than vice versa.]
Dunk_Kong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
Hi guys nice to see you here. Love to watch anime and manga, so decided to join this forum.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:47 am Reply with quote
Hey Dunk_Kong - you are clearly a person of few words. Welcome to ANN! Hope you have a good time here.
animecosplayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
This feels like an autobiography. Pardon me for I forgot to introduced myself Very Happy

Name: Xandra

Sex: Female

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Catholic

Drink/Smoke: Drink occasionally, Frozen Margarite is love

Likes: Music (Taylor Swift, The Chainsmokers, The Script, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Lorde, Mariah Carey, Beyonce', Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, Coldplay, Brian Mcknight), Animals (Dogs and Birds), Movies (Suspense, Thriller, Asian Horror, Lovestory, Sci-fi, Gory), Food, Travel (beach), Parties, People, Social Media, Anime

Dislikes: People, Cats, Works

Favorite anime: Fushigi Yugi, Card Captor Sakura, Vampire Knight, SA, Magic Knight Rayearth, The Winx Club, Hanayori Dango, Sailor Moon, Doraemon, Death Note

Favorite game: Resident Evil, Justice League, Tekken, Assassins Creed
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, animecosplayer! Does your username reflect reality or is it an aspiration?
Funimation
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself, I’m Justin, however I recently lost my naming rights in a heated office battle with Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development at Funimation Justin Rojas, so you can call me “Jay.” I’ve recently joined the Funimation team as Community Manager, which means I’m here to talk to, but more importantly, listen to community fans and supporters. I’ll be active on the Funimation forums and various social media platforms including ANN.

A bit of background on myself: I hail from the forgotten land of Cheyenne, Wyoming. Growing up during the Toonami era, I was immediately drawn to anime, video games and comics leading to my education in 2D animation and graphic design at the Art Institute of Las Vegas. Through volunteer work, I also discovered a love for helping people with special needs as well. I relocated to Plano, Texas in 2011 to serve as the Program Manager at My Possibilities, a non-profit providing continued education for adults with cognitive disabilities in North Texas. There, four hundred students a week received life skills training, learning to be more independent and to lead more fulfilling lives.

Some of my most fond memories of anime were dual-screening Akira and Final Fantasy in my basement deep into the night. I enjoy underdog stories where characters are born different, yet still manage to accomplish amazing feats on sheer hard work and dedication. These days, My Hero Academia and Overwatch have me glued to the television or the occasional plunge back into the depths of online gaming in World of Warcraft. I’ve been playing since vanilla and previously served as Guild Master of an active raiding clan during the Burning Crusade expansion with members across the US, Europe and Australia.

I look forward to hearing from you and gathering your must-watch recommendations! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or question as it will be my mission to enrich your current experience and provide fantastic new ways to enjoy anime in the future!

-Jay

Currently watching: Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball Super
Some of my favorite shows: Afro Samurai, One-Punch Man, Sword Art Online

Facebook: /JustinBHairston
Twitter: /JayHairston
Reddit: /JayHairston
Instagram: /JustinHairston
Snapchat: /JayHairston
Tumblr: /JayHairston
PSN: HairstonGaming

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/06/30/introducing-new-community-manager-jay-hairston/
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN Jay.

I suppose that this is where I'm supposed to tell you all that Funimation is doing wrong and how they "really" should run their business. (Un)Fortunately I can't think of a thing right now. I do hope you will be an active participant in the forums and not let some of our more opinionated posters scare you off.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Nice to have you here, Jay. I'm a big fan of Funimation (I subscribe to the website and own several Funi releases). You guys gave me the thrill of the year with the announcement regarding Hyouka. It had been my number one "want a North American release" title ever since it came out. Thanks, Funi!
JayHairston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll be using my personal account mostly.

Excited to talk anime, gaming and Funimation with you all!

First thing you need to know about me is I'm a huge Yamcha fan....

Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
Welcome Jay!

DBZ and AoT happen to be some of my favorite shows, too.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
A pleasure to meet you, Jay! Do you plan to be ANN's community representative for Funimation? I see that you're casting your social nets quite widely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abb4d0n

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Name: Abbadon, in case you aren't caught up on your 1337-speak. My real name is a closely guarded secret, and unpronounceable to most people.

Marital Status:SWM ISO SF. Search ongoing...

Blood Type: A+

Religion: Atheist

Drink/Smoke Social drinker; prefers quality beer, Jack Daniels on the rocks, and straight vodka. Occasionally smokes non-addictive substances (legal in Cali!)

Pets: Does not have a pet at the moment. Dog person, but can handle most typical pets easily. Allergic to cats.

Likes: Teh Animoo and Mango, listening to music, playing PC games, reading non-fiction, hitting the gym, spending time in the woods, quiet evenings at home, and posting witty things on various forums.

Dislikes: Spiders. Where I grew up, the spiders can kill you. Plus they creep me out.

Favorite Anime: Outlaw Star/Gurren Lagann. For as pretentious as I can make myself sound, I'm surprisingly easy to entertain.

Favorite Manga: Hellsing, because stylized violence and gore are half the route to my heart.

Favorite Video Game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Favorite Food: Italian food, though good Indian or Chinese places are a close second.

Favorite Music: Extreme Metal, though I can appreciate most every kind of Heavy Metal. Classic Rap/R&B I can tolerate, and I have a growing taste for Classical Music.

Hobbies: Tabletop Gaming. I'm down for 5th Ed. D&D or Pathfinder, but don't have much experience with other RPG systems. Warhammer 40,000 is my main game, but I also play Bolt Action and Star Wars: X-Wing.

Interesting Facts:
Cannot Whistle
Was born outside the U.S.A., though I am a US Citizen
Can crack my knuckles one-handed, with both hands
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Abb4d0n! Spiders have seldom been an impediment to me, if I may admit. There is one beside my desk, a placid cellar spider that has taken residence at short notice. At least we share a zeal for Indian food!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yes, welcome, Abb4d0n. Both spiders and snakes can go to hell. If spiders can kill where you are from, I'm going to guess Australia.
Abb4d0n

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yes, welcome, Abb4d0n. Both spiders and snakes can go to hell. If spiders can kill where you are from, I'm going to guess Australia.

Southern US, actually. The snakes and spiders there aren't as deadly as those in Oz, but they can still kill. Black Widows and Brown Recluses are no joke, and Cottonmouths and Copperheads don't bother to warn you to back off before they strike.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 226 of 233