• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-11-14

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
Um, wow. o.o As far as I know, I've never actually met any voice actors quite that bad... I've always been of the mindset that that kind of egotism is for big name holywood stars. ^^;

Darlin', there are a-holes in EVERY profession!
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
Um, wow. o.o As far as I know, I've never actually met any voice actors quite that bad... I've always been of the mindset that that kind of egotism is for big name holywood stars. ^^;

Most of the "problem children" put on a good show for their fans, so they're none the wiser about all the problems they cause. It's hard to spot someone truly self-absorbed when they're there to talk about themselves in the first place. It's really when you try to work with them or talk to them as equals that they show how disrespectful they can be. (Keep in mind that some VA's once dreamt of mega-stardom, and this is the closest they've ever gotten, so treat it like they are mega-stars in this little universe.)

The professionals and con organizers, of course, all know about them and trade stories amongst themselves (sometimes quite gleefully), but as it's really bad form to dirty someone's reputation in public, the stories generally don't get out very often.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
The strip was okay, I guess. I do miss Nina's presence from the last two strips, though. Her actions, attitude, etc., that's what made me laugh from the start. Until next week...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
My question is...are you paying someone to make these? If not then all well and good, if you are then are we looking at more ads/etc to cover the cost?

Yup, you are looking at more ads. Every time you look at the comic, that's another 1 or 2 ads, and every time you talk about it, that's another ad.

Since you obviously meant, additional types of ads, the answer to that is a resounding "No."

-t
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:

Oh I'm pretty sure you have met some but just don't know it. There's rude and stuck up people as Lydia said in every profession. A chemist who thinks his research is better then the rest, a doctor who thinks he's better in surgery and God's gift to medicine, or Va's or directors who think the fans are right to idolize them as they're just so awesome. There's people like that in every job. If you happen to notice ones in your own profession it's just best to ignore them. Giving them the attention they obviously want just spurs them on.

jsevakis wrote:

The professionals and con organizers, of course, all know about them and trade stories amongst themselves (sometimes quite gleefully), but as it's really bad form to dirty someone's reputation in public, the stories generally don't get out very often.

Who told you! And gleefully is just a harsh word to use. Wink It also really just often doesn't matter anyway. People will believe what they wanna believe regardless of what you tell them. I doubt even half would believe, or care even, about the "stories" some might know. Only personal experience would change their minds and opinions. So beyond being in bad taste it's also just rather pointless and a waste of time. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

As for Jadress's comics.....it's not like the butt of the jokes aren't types of people already joked about anyway, including here. Just not in such a cute way and artistic way hehe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3