• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Daisuke Namikawa Apologizes After Adultery Report

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Personally I would also go so far as to say let's stop with faux outrage as if it truly mattered to people. I mean seriously...some of the comments here, and elsewhere, over this are simply ridiculous in terms of being so over the top.

That's a very interesting thing to say. Given that adultery is a betrayal of a spouse, angry comments are justified. To commenters who are married or divorced, stories like these would mean a lot to them. Outrage seems better than apathy, at least, if Namikawa is guilty of this.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:

That's a very interesting thing to say. Given that adultery is a betrayal of a spouse, angry comments are justified. To commenters who are married or divorced, stories like these would mean a lot to them. Outrage seems better than apathy, at least, if Namikawa is guilty of this.

Angry or upset comments where someone is disappointed are one thing. The outrage and over the top anger are another. I often feel most of the "outrage" is either just pandering or jumping on a bandwagon. I have to be this upset over the private affairs of someone I don't know because it's what you do online. Plus I would wager most of the time the ones most "outraged" by something like this have never been in a long term relationship where you fight and have to work through things. Not to mention often the "outrage" tends to be very disproportionate to the situation in cases like this. Then there's the idea that all relationships have to be the traditional monogamous type. That's a different topic though.

Now I am not apathetic to his wife and situation, nor do I condone such actions and cheating on your spouse. I however am realistic. Couples have issues. Spouses make mistakes. It is also their personal business, not mine. So while I might be disappointed to hear someone I like as an actor or actress etc. has committed adultery I'm not going to go into a frothing rage over it and condemn the person and call them evil. I've been the one cheated on in relationships and I still never got to the level of supposed outrage and anger someone people claim to be in threads like this. I trust that explains my stance better.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 am Reply with quote
The head of ANN (Tempest) pretty much gave the best response.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Angry or upset comments where someone is disappointed are one thing. The outrage and over the top anger are another. I often feel most of the "outrage" is either just pandering or jumping on a bandwagon. I have to be this upset over the private affairs of someone I don't know because it's what you do online. Plus I would wager most of the time the ones most "outraged" by something like this have never been in a long term relationship where you fight and have to work through things. Not to mention often the "outrage" tends to be very disproportionate to the situation in cases like this. Then there's the idea that all relationships have to be the traditional monogamous type. That's a different topic though.

Now I am not apathetic to his wife and situation, nor do I condone such actions and cheating on your spouse. I however am realistic. Couples have issues. Spouses make mistakes. It is also their personal business, not mine. So while I might be disappointed to hear someone I like as an actor or actress etc. has committed adultery I'm not going to go into a frothing rage over it and condemn the person and call them evil. I've been the one cheated on in relationships and I still never got to the level of supposed outrage and anger someone people claim to be in threads like this. I trust that explains my stance better.

Oh I see what you mean now. That totally makes sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3