• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2017 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
I should also save comments for a proper thread, but I want to say that after the first episode it is like they mismatched their aesthetics in missing out on an opportunity, like it should have elements of horror from some of the decisions.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Is The Reflection going to be covered in the preview guide or will it just go straight to streaming reviews? I kind of want a variety of opinions on it.

It's going straight to episode reviews.

My brief take on it? Starts too slow and I'm definitely not a fan of the art and animation styles. So far it entirely looks like a typical super-hero caper.

Agreed. It had a weird feel to me. First, it was really light on music and sound effects and the visually, it felt more like a manga 1.5 thing as opposed to an actual animated show. I'll give it another chance but I am far from blown away.
lycopene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote
You guys not talking about simuldubs this season? I kinda like seeing different opions other than my own. No real loss if you arent, just curious
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 35 of 35