• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to make a legitimate relase of a title that has never been released on DVD or Blu Ray

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monolith111

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I have some titles that have never been released in DVD or Blu Ray format. How would one go about getting the rights to make a legitimate release of an older vintage title like that?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
It ain't an easy process. First, you would have to find out who holds the rights to those titles. Sometimes there is more than one rights-holder that has to sign off. Then you have to negotiate all the various aspects of the deal, including, of course, the license fee. Good luck if you are a private, non-Japanese individual as opposed to a known company with funds.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Monolith111 wrote:
. . . How would one go about getting the rights . . . ?

The information that you want might be found in the "All About Licensing" series by Justin Sevakis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1