• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blak3 Nikos - reviews (spoiler warning)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted January 29, 2016

Now all of you know that I love MadHouse and I love some of the popular anime's that they have develop. But there will come a time when they'll make a not so great one, especially if that one tries to be a harem anime, but fails at it. (Spoilers)

"Karin, a DNA operator from the future, is on a mission to change the course of History by stopping Junta Momonari from becoming the Mega-Playboy who fathered 100 children and led to the overpopulation of the world. But Junta is no playboy; in fact he is allergic to girls. But when Karin shoots him with the wrong DNA-altering bullet, he starts sporadically becoming the Mega-Playboy capable of charming any woman. Karin must try to restore the situation to normal before the change to Mega-Playboy becomes irreversible." (Info by Anime News Network)

I'm going to be brutality honest with you guys, I did not like that show. I don't know if they were trying to be a good harem show or not. The reason why I say this is because at first the main character gets some girls to fall in love with him, but later on some of them leave him for some random reason, but hey in the end he has 2 lovers by his side, isn't that a enough to make this a good harem show? No, no it does not.

Another reason why I didn't like this show was the English voice acting. If I could grade how their acting was I would probably give them a B-. What makes this even more embarrassing is that the people who play as Karin Aoi and Ryuji (main antagonist of the show) was non-other than Jessica Calvello (Excel from Excel Saga and Zoe from Attack on Titan) and Dan Green (Knuckles from Sonic X and video game franchise (2005-2010) and Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh.) By the way (This was something that was on my mind) how come they never explain how that bullet gave Ryuji those shape shifting/absorbing powers? (I will never understand why some anime's never explain everything in their storyline?)

I also I had so many questions for this anime. Questions that were never be explain and will never be answered unless I read the manga. See this is why I made that article (It's on my G+ page) on why the manga is way better than it's anime adaption. Even though this show had some very bad sides to it there is some good things I did appreciate this show doing. 1. Would be that they did something original. A great example of that would be Junta having a problem with falling in love with a girl (because everytime he sees something sexual about them he starts to throw up) or Kotomi, a girl who has a problem with getting a boy to like her (Because every time they try to make a move on her..... she starts to fart.) Yeah I'm not joking, it sometimes happens in some episodes.

I also like how both of them try to help each other with their problem even though after the end of their relationship it was Kotomi who was cured and Junta....... is still having his puking problem. Lastly the story-line wasn't so bad. Even though I didn't like it that much it wasn't so bad to look at.

In conclusion this show is like a roller coaster. Sometimes it's good, but there will be times when it can be terrible. Also I find Sword Art Online better than this one. It too doesn't seem much like a harem anime and it only focuses on Kirito and Asuna (mostly and mainly). Going back to the review, I'm giving this anime a 5/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
Originally posted July 25, 2017

In early 2016 there was a certain anime that not only was popular, but received mixed reactions from the anime community. The anime that I'm referring to of course is called Erased or The Town Without Me (it's alternate name). Some loved it, some hated it, heck there probably some who were in the middle. Curiously and interested I decided to check this show out and throw in my own 2 cents on how I felt about it. But before I give you my answer, allow me to show you the plot of this anime.

"Satoru Fujinuma is a young manga artist struggling to make a name for himself following his debut. But, that was not the only thing in his life that Satoru was feeling frustrated about…he was also living with a strange condition only he was able to experience. - REVIVAL A strange phenomenon where one is transferred back to the moment right before something life-threatening occurs. This continues to happen until the cause of the threat is erased. It is as if somebody is forcing Satoru to stop it from happening." (Info by Crunchyroll)

An now my answer to how I felt about this anime. It was actually very good. I have to be honest with you guys I was a little worried that this show wouldn't be good and that the ending from what I heard from The Anime Man (He didn't spoil it by the way) was going to piss me off. Surprisingly and thank goodness it didn't. I'm also glad I got to watch another good anime that shows how time traveling actually works. The last good anime I saw that did the same thing, but better was Steins;Gate (P.S. I will be doing a revamp review on that one soon.)

Another thing that I liked about this show was the relationship between Satoru and Kayo. I like how he went from trying to be her friend so that way he can prevent her from having a terrible death to having a nice, sweet, and genuine relationship with her (While at the same time still preventing her from a terrible fate.) When your looking at the relationship that these two have. You can't help, but to feel happy for them and hope that this relationship continues to flourish through out their future.

Another would be it's portrayal of abuse and abandonment. It does very good job of showing those 2. 1 Prime example would be Kayo getting abused by her mother. Whenever you see this in action you just really wish and hope that Kayo will get the justice that she deserves and also hope that her mother Akemi gets sent to prison. Speaking of Akemi and believe or not, she's actually the prime example of both abandonment and abuse.

You see in episode 9 you don't only just find out that Akemi has been abused by someone else as well (it was her husband), but you also find out that both her husband and mother have abandon her in the care of her daughter. Even though I'm still pissed off on the fact that she decided to take her sadness and anger towards her kid, I will admit that I feel kind of sorry for her. Not too much though, just only a little bit.

The last couple of things I liked from this show would have to be it's storyline (Which was pretty good), the characters (The only people that I mainly liked were the main characters, mostly Satoru and his mom), and the artwork (Which was also pretty good, though Sachiko's (Satoru's mom) design kind of reminds me of Alex's design from Gangsta. Don't get me wrong I love it, it's just that I find this kind of interesting. Maybe the person who did the artwork for Gangsta is the same person who made the artwork for this show. Who knows.)

One of my favorite characters on this show would have to be Satoru. The main reason why is because I love he's determination of saving people from terrible tragedies. Even if he does mess up he always gets back up and finds a way to save them, even if it costs him his own life.

Another character that I love from this show would have to be Sachiko. She's very beautiful, smart, has great intuitions (especially when figuring out what her son is thinking or doing behind her back), and is always there to help him out whenever he needs it. Yup no doubt in my mind that Sachiko is one of the best anime moms in anime history. I would defiantly smash....... let's move on to the downsides.

1. How and when did Satoru get his time traveling powers? The show never explains this. Which means the only way you can probably find the answers to that is by reading the manga. But here's the thing dear readers, I'm not reviewing the manga I'm reviewing the anime. An if the anime can't answer these simple questions then it's going to count as a downside.

2. In episode 5 after receiving a text message from the killer saying "stay where you are" (and she knew this was the killer by the way) Airi sees that there's smoke coming from her door. An instead of just realizing that the killer was trying to burn her alive and that she should try to escape out of her window. Airi instead opens her door and gets knocked out by the smoke. (You stupid girl.)

3. The shocking twist in episode 10 is not shocking at all. Considering the fact that this anime showed 4 obvious hints on who the main antagonist was. If this anime didn't show any obvious hints at all, maybe the twist would've been surprising and good too.

In conclusion this was a very good show that had a pretty good storyline, great characters especially my 2 favorite, great artwork, and does a good job at showing how time traveling actually works. Despite it's 3 flaws I would still recommend this to anyone who's looking for another good anime to watch or to someone who is new to anime and would like to give it a try. With that said I'm giving this anime 7.9/10, let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
Originally posted Janurary 12, 2016

Before Durarara ever debuted as an anime, there was another show that felt just like it, but the only differences between them was that the storyline and characters where completely different, the series was mainly setting 1930-1932, and they had no characters that were like Isaac and Miriam. And before you say "But what about Walker and Erika?" Those 2 are completely different. (Both are great couples, but had different personalities.)

"Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral farther and farther out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction mashed together for a world straight out of the movies. " (Info by Anime News Network)

This show was very well made. The storyline was well written and exciting, the characters on this show were unforgettable to watch (probably because some of them had weird personalities that really intrigued me), The fighting/action scenes were pretty cool to look at, and the background music truly help the show really feel like it was in the 1930's. Yep without a doubt the creator of this show really did a good job of showing a fictional story of 1930's.

My 2 favorite characters of this show would have to be Isaac and Miriam (I know it's not surprising considering I just revealed them to be my favorite in the beginning of this review, but I can't help it.) Those 2 really do a good job of showing why you should like them and wish there was a spin-off all about them. Yes their weird, goofy, strange, and not the brightest tools in the shed, but the way they show it really makes a person think "hey these 2 are alright." "They might be stupid, but their alright." Without them I would've never heard of this show and even if I did hear about and watch it. I would've probably liked it, but then I would've gotten a weird feeling inside me saying this "The shows is good, but it feels like it's missing something."

2 things before I end this review. 1. I have to tip my hat to the English voice actors. They really do a brilliant job in playing the characters especially J. Michael Tatum, Catlin Glass, and Bryan Massey. J and Catlin really do a excellent job in bringing Isaac and Miriam to life in English. Bryan does very well when playing as Ladd Russo. He really does show the sadistic and psychotic side of this character (there are also times when he sounds just like John DiMaggio.)

2. Even though at first I had a problem with the anime showing the storyline out of sequence. I later on ponder for a bit, thinking what if this was done on purpose. So that way the audience can put the pieces together and still understand what's happening in storyline and how all this immortal stuff happen. You have to admit that was a pretty smart move.

In conclusion this show was well made, it's characters and voice actors were amazing to hear and watch, It's action sequences were bloody and exciting to see, and the storyline was well-driven. I highly recommend you watch this show. I promise you won't regret watching this. I'm giving this show a 10/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted March 15, 2016

What if you had the power to raise a corpse from the dead and get them to fight other undead creatures in order to save the world? You would probably think this was the best moment of your life right? Well it depends if you like this power or not. Either way it sounds cool to me.

"After being murdered, Makina Hoshimura turns into a living "Shikabane Hime" ("Corpse Princess"). Armed with dual MAC-11 submachine guns, she must kill 108 other Shikabane in order to gain entry into heaven. She is assisted in this task by Keisei Tagami, a Buddhist monk with links to an anti-corpse group known as the Kōgon Sect. Her ultimate goal is to avenge the death of her family, by destroying the Shikabane known as the Seven Stars." (info by wiki)

You know when you think about it, this show is almost like a supernatural anime version of Kill Bill. Except the main character died and was revived by a monk and has to fight a lot of undead corpses in order to reach heaven. So natural she has 2 goals.

Aside from that it was still a really cool show to watch. The storyline was well written, especially season 2 (That one is my favorite), the character's were alright, but there are 2 characters that I really liked from this show (I'll talk about them later), and the action scenes were pretty awesome (some of them were pretty much unforgettable as well).

My favorite characters would have to be Makina and Hokoto. Even though she can be somewhat stubborn sometimes. Makina is a really cool and awesome character even in battle. It makes me feel bad that she got murdered by those sick psychopaths and I hoped that she would get her revenge and be able to rest in peace again. Hokoto was born as a living sacrifice for her village (By the way she died without regret and she never got to fully experience what it's like be a normal child.) But hey the great news is that she was resurrected, the bad news; she has a craving of destroying people now and smiles while doing it. (Hey I can't blame her, if I came back alive after being forced to sacrifice myself just because the village wants to save themselves. I would've enjoyed it as well.)

Another reason why I love these 2 is the part where they fight each other. An let me tell you their fight is pretty memorable. One of the best fights on this show too. If you were to show an epic promo between these 2 it would feel like your watching a wrestling promo (a good one). You have this feeling like you need to get hype for this awesome match. An when your watching it you can't help, but to feel at edge and wanting to know who is going to win The undead girl with regrets with a taste of revenge or the other undead girl with no regrets with a craving a destruction and mayhem.

There was another thing that I liked and respect about this show. It had a dark twist. This is a twist that not even I saw coming. A twist that was kept hidden and was never given any hints to. A twist that didn't feel so obvious or stupid. A twist..... oh you get the point. But here's the thing I'm not going to tell you what it is. Because it's best for people who haven't watch this show to go see it for themselves.

But before I can rap this up I want to know who help make this show. I want to go to that company, shake their hands, and say...... (Gainax and Feel) ....... Well I did not know that Gainax could make a great dark show without doing anything that would mess people up (I'm talking about you Neon Genesis Evangalion). As for Feel this like another redemption card for them, because their notable for helping shows like Immoral Sister's 2, Kiss X Sis, and one of the most terrible anime of 2015, Bikini Warriors. Great Zeus that anime was terrible.

In conclusion Shikabane Hime is very dark, violent, and badass anime with an awesome twist. I highly recommend everyone who is a fan of Gainax and dark anime to go watch it. I'm giving this show a 9.5/10, let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Brain's Base Studios is starting to become one of my favorite anime studios of all time. The reason why is because their notable for making strange, but impressive anime. Baccano, the 2nd season of Spice and Wolf, the first season of Durarara, Princess Jellyfish, and My little Monster are all great examples. But I think I just found one anime that not only impressed me, but it's close to being weirder than Princess Jellyfish (anyone remember that review?)

"The story focuses on a semi-connected series of sketches as delinquent student Kenji Kazama is forced into joining his school's struggling "Game Creation Club" by its members, a quartet of crazy women with their own eccentricities that drive him crazy. As he attempts to distance himself from the club, the more he seems to run into not only his fellow club members, but others from his school who drive him insane to different degrees." (Info by wiki)

This show can be strange, weird, nonsensical, stupid, odd, and sometimes just plain crazy. But you know what? I love it for that. I don't know if it's this just me sounding crazy or being sincere, but I like the show for what it is. Everything that the show did was absolute good. The character's were pretty cool to watch and love, the comedy was surprisingly exceptional, The story-line was pretty good, and even though they were shown a couple of scenes or so. The minor characters weren't that bad to watch. It's sometimes rare to see a good anime that shows it's lesser known characters and actually show them as a bit entertaining know and then.

Before I end this review I want mention that this anime is notorious for it's flashback. I know there are some episodes that don't have them, but there are some that do. Whether it's from the main or the secondary characters, you better be on the look out or on guard when a certain character pops up with their back story.

In conclusion this show is many things, but the one thing it's not is a bad anime. I highly recommend you check this anime out, whether your bored or having a bad day; this is the anime for you. I'm giving this show a 9/10. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted January 15, 2016

Gainax. What can I say about this company? It's a weird and sometimes great industry that makes some good, fun, and entertaining anime for the people of Japan and America or anywhere else where people can find their stuff. Sometimes Gainax can create some pretty cool shows, sometimes they can create some messed up ones, and sometimes they can make some awful ones. This one however will be revealed in the end of the review.

"Takeru and Ryou are high school students who work doing deliveries for the former's uncle. One night, the two go to investigate a mysterious light in the woods only to find a young girl emerging from the light. Takeru and Ryou are attacked by an alien, which is defeated when Takeru transforms into a powerful and strange-looking beast himself. The girl, whom the boys name "Hikari" (light), is taken in by Takeru when she confesses to having no memory of who she is.
They are later joined by Jennifer Portman, an American scientist with an interest in the boys and Hikari; Ioneos, a shape-shifting robot loyal to Hikari; Kuon, a little floating alien; and Akari, Hikari's "sister", who also appeared just as Hikari did. The series follows the daily lives of its characters as they learn about the human condition, Hikari and Akari's alien origins, and face the incoming monsters and catastrophes." (Info by wiki)

You know before I first saw this show I thought I was going to see an anime that showed the bad and the good qualities about the Earth and that no matter what happens. We should try to adapt and survive whatever the Earth throws at us. But after watching the series I realized 2 things. 1. This is not Ghibili, this is Gainax and 2. that I have very mix feelings about this show.

The downsides of this show:

1. Sometimes whenever an episode cuts to another scene it's either going to feel confusing or it's just cutting it at a bad time. A good example of this would be when Takeru was trying to convince his aunt and uncle to let Hikari stay in their house. But before the uncle could reveal his decision, the episode skips to another scene where Takeru reveals (in narration) that his uncle decided to let Hikari stay. You know it would make sense to let the man finish before doing that. (You moron)

2. Later on in the series Takeru and his family allow some American scientist name Jennifer Portman (According to the wiki (to which their actually right about this) she's suppose to be a mixture of both Misato and Ritsuko from Evangalion) to stay at their home, even though she's not an alien and they know a lit bit about her. Heck it wasn't even revealed if she was going to pay the owners rent or not. All she does is work on her project, drink all their beer, and be there for fan-service. (I don't hate her and she does help a little bit when things go sour at the end. But still she's not exactly the best character around.)

3. Loli Nudity. Episode 6 and 12. Gainax needs to go to the nut house. Nuff said.

4. It's revealed that both Ryou and Takeru have the power to wish for whatever they want. So here's my question, Why couldn't they stop the upcoming disaster and wish for universal peace? They had the power so why didn't they wish it? The answer..... was never explained.

5. This anime ripped-off some parts of Neon Genesis Evangalion and Elfen Lied.

Neon:
Whenever I see Takeru, it makes me feel like I'm watching a clone of Shinji. Except there's no annoying scream and this character can be more braver than what Shinji could ever be. Second example would be Jessica Portman, she 2 works for a secret government base that tries to find about the creatures who keep popping up and destroying their world (Also some of the things I said about her before is another great example). The last example would be episode 12 (Spoilers). Since Hikari decided not to destroy the Earth, Ioneos (her robot assistant) decides to finish the job for her by turning into a giant monster with a giant glowing cross behind it's back. 1. SYMBOLISM 2. WTF was he an additional Angel that decided to travel to this universe?

As for Elfen Lied. The anime shows one girl with 2 personalities (Hikari) (one whose peaceful and the other one deadly), there's another girl name Akari (nice job coming up with that name Gainax and Shaft) that's just like her, but her sole mission is to keep the Earth safe and to make sure Hikari doesn't destroy it. Eventually Hikari stops having 2 personalities and decides not to kill everything and everyone on Earth. Also the secret government that Jennifer works for is doing research on the 2 girls kind.

If those examples don't convince you, then I don't know what will.

There are some good sides to this series I will admit saying. There are some characters I did enjoy watching. The episodes of this anime does gets a little better later on in the series (an when I mean later on I mean it starts in episode 8), it also showed less moe than what Aria's spin-off show ever did, and they sort of did a good job in showing an example of imitate and interpersonal relationship.

So in conclusion was this a good show to watch? Not exactly, I say it was sort of okay to watch. But if you want to see an anime that shows a great example of imitate and interpersonal relationship and also show that it could be a good, passionate, and romantic. I would preferred Nana or any other slice of life romance. I'm giving the series a 6.7/10. Let me know what you think in the comments. Also my apologize for making this review so long. I had to get my point across on how I feel about this anime. If you had the attention span to make it this far. Than thank you for taking your time to read my review. 
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted January 7, 2016

It's hard to find a good anime to watch these days. Sometimes we might stumble upon something that actually has real potential and sometimes we can stumble upon some real crappy stuff, but there is a probability that the manga might be even better than it's horrible adaption. A prime example of that would be Gantz.

"Kei Kurono is a typical high school student in a selfish world, not caring about anyone other than himself. However when, by chance, he was forced to help out his childhood friend, Katou Masaru, rescue a drunkard who fell into subway tracks, both he and Katou were killed... Or not. After being run over by the train, they were suddenly teleported to an enclosed apartment with others who recently died. And now their lives are controlled by a mysterious black ball inside the apartment called GANTZ, and they are forced to participate in a "game" of unprecedented danger and horror." (Info by Anime News Network)

This show has no redeemable quality of being a great action show. Except for some sympathy for some characters that I actually felt bad for, it's way of showing violence, gore, and sadism, and the fact that this show got rid of all the characters I didn't really care about. The rest is nothing, but sentimental bullcrap. To give a few examples of what I'm talking about, I will make a list of 5 things that is wrong with this anime. I could go longer, but I don't want to you (the reader) to get bored with this review.

1. Kei Kishimota (another participant who is force to play Gantz alien killing game) is always getting her "special place" licked by (and when I say this I do not mean this as a joke, it literally happens in the anime) some weird dog with cartoonish eyes. When I saw this for the first I had to question myself. How can someone actually find that funny? Did someone in the studio ask for some comedic help from Adam Sandler or was the studio so inspired by him to actually do it.

2. The show or Gantz himself never really explain how the suits or the guns work. The only way for the person to know is by either watching all the episodes or read the manga and hope that it will give you the answers to what you are looking for (or maybe go to wiki, just a suggestion). By the way the X guns (I'm not joking, they actually call it that in the series) are an absolute joke. It takes a little while for the shot to actually take a effect. It's like if you were to shoot somebody in the chest, but it would take a few second of delay to actually show the hole.

3. The artwork in this show is a bit weird. It's a little bit likeable, but mostly weird. By the way the company that made this piece crap is called Gonzo. That's right the same company that gave you: Witchblade, Desert Punk, Girls Bravo, Welcome to the NHK, and Hellsing.

4. This show may have good action scenes, but it takes them so long to get to them because the characters would either have 2nd thoughts or (in the words of CM Punk) bitching and moaning. It also takes them a long time to actually defeat the aliens and when I mean long. I mean a few episodes or longer to beat their opponents. It's like their trying to be an ongoing series, but they can't because this anime only last up to 26 episodes. (Imagine what they could've done during those times)

5. Was the ending. In the last episode Gantz transports Kurono to the time where he and Kuto got ran over by the train that killed them. For some particular reason, Kurono jumps towards that train, telling Gantz he's not going to die, says Spike Spiegel's infamous catchphrase, and then dies. Gantz leaves to God knows where and then the credits starts to roll.

That was the most pathetic and stupidest ending I have ever seen. It's so bad that it even ties in with Akame Ga Kill's ending. Maybe even worse.

What more can I say about Gantz? Aside that it's a terrible show with little to no likeness. (The answer is nothing) I never want to see nor hear about this show ever again. I might check the manga out, but that will be the only thing I look at from this series. I'm giving this show a 3/10. Let me know what you think about the show or the review in the comments.

Never have I seen a show that pissed me off so much. That I ended up going a little insane over it. Not joking.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted December 29, 2015

Greetings fellow readers of this review and welcome to Yuri week. Where I review 2 shows that involve with lesbian stuff. (The 2nd part will be coming soon this Friday.) So without further ado let's move on to part 1, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid.

"Each of the series revolves around girls who have been infected with a mysterious virus known as the A Virus (Armed Virus). These girls are divided into two classes; Exters (エクスター, Ekusutā?), who can transform into weapons when sexually aroused, and Liberators (リブレイター, Ribureitā?), who have the power to wield an Exter's weapon form, known as Liberator Arms, through a process known as Drive. These girls are brought to separate islands, which each of the series is named after.
Mermaid follows an Exter named Mamori Tokonome who forms a partnership with the Liberator Mirei Shikishima." (info by wiki)

So what I'm about to say is based on my opinion on how I feel about the show, if you don't like it. Then oh well, nothing I can do about it. With that being said...... I hate it. I did not enjoy it at all. There were some things that I liked, but there were a lot of things I didn't enjoy seeing.

The downsides:

1. It ripped 2 things from a specific show that some people know very well. Take a guess on what it is (cough Soul Eater cough.) I'm not kidding with you, here's how I know. Let's go back to a specific part of the plot for Valkyrie Drive "These girls are divided into two classes; Exters (エクスター, Ekusutā?), who can transform into weapons when sexually aroused, and Liberators (リブレイター, Ribureitā?), who have the power to wield an Exter's weapon form, known as Liberator Arms." Yes I understand it's a little different from what Soul Eater does, but it did copy some of the stuff that the characters of Soul Eater can do. In my opinion they just made it into a pornographic version of it. The second proof was that there was 1 character who had a partner who can turn into a black scythe (the other character was blonde, if you were curious for more info.)

2.The show goes way overboard with the fan-service. If I had a hundred dollars for every time this anime showed any boobs, ass's, and sex scenes (I'll get to that momentarily) I would probably have, I don't know like a thousand and something dollars and 50 cents.

3. Speaking of over the top fan-service and sex scenes. This show made me feel like I was watching a cringy hentai (Especially this one part in episode 12, I'm not going to say much, but here's a hint: tentacles). Thanks a lot Funimation (An some of you guys thought that Kill La Kill was cringy hentai. Clearly you haven't seen this show.)

4. The storyline and it's plot is really sad and when I mean sad I mean pathetic. Really? 2 people with A virus's (Still a stupid name) need to have steamy sex in order for 1 person to turn into weapon? That's ridicules (BTW one of those women in the show can grow into a giant, while being in the nude. 1. That is not a weapon, that is nothing, but a cheap fan-service thing for guys to fap over. 2. I know some of you are probably going to check that episode out (Perverts).

5. The relationship between Mamori and Mirei felt forced. Sure it sort of later on takes it time, but that's later on in the episodes. That does not count as a positive.

6. Mamori and Mirei were able to stop the antagonist's evil plan and kill the virus with the power of love and nudity. 1. Bullcrap 2. Ew.

Shockingly there was some......augh positives. 1. Mirei, Momaka, Rain, and Lady J are the only people I liked from the show. 2. The relationship between Rain and Lady J were better than Mamori's and Mirei's (Even though there were some awkward parts for me to see. At least the their love wasn't forced down my gullet.) 3. Episode 7 wasn't that bad. An last, but not least 4. (Spoilers) I will admit that it was kind of shocking to see Momaka (Mirei's old partner) was actually the main antagonist.

So I bet this is what your thinking. " So after saying some positive sides to this show that means your going to give it a reasonable grade right?" Oh I'll give it a reasonable grade alright. 0.9/10 is what I'll be giving it. Hey at least their score was better than Eiken and that God forsaken Aria spin-off. Let me know what you think about this anime and my review in the comments below.

(BTW if your wondering who made this. It was non-other than Arms. Yep, the same people that gave you Elfen Lied and other fan-service junk. Elfen Lied was the only good show I liked from Arms and it will only be thing that I'll like from them at all.)
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted December 22, 2015

(Warning: During the time I made this review I thought that this show was the 2nd season to Aria The Scarlett Ammo. Sadly I didn't do enough research in order to realize that it was actually a spin-off from the series. Another reason why I thought this was a 2nd season was because according to FUNimation, they thought it was a sequel too. P.S. This review will have some edits so that way it can a little more tolerable to read.)

When I first heard that Aria was going to be renewed for a 2nd season. I was all pumped up and for it. Fast Forward to now and I finally finished every episode from this season. An I have to ask myself, was it any good? Well let's find out.

"A young girl idolizes the world-renowned S-ranked butei Kanzaki H. Aria and plans to follow in her footsteps; however, her test grades turn out as only an E-rank! All is not lost, however, as Aria agrees to give her some pointers." (Info by Anime News Network)

Going back to that question I asked myself. I would have to say...... heck no. This was one the worst things that has ever came out in 2015, next to that was Bikini Warriors. There was no part of the show that I actually enjoyed watching. It's so bad, that I had to take actually notes on my phone, in order to remember and to give reasons why this "2nd season" was terrible. (BTW this was during the time when I was doing research on AOT Junior High and 1 Punch Man and I need to take notes on one show, soooooo I chose this one.)

Everything Wrong With Aria 2nd season (Spoilers, duh)

1. There is literally just way too much moe in this season. Look I love moe and all, but after seeing this season I just couldn't take it any more. Plus the 1st had less moe in it, which is a good thing. (I can see why Jacob Chapman hates this stuff.)

2. The Yuri relationship in this anime looks pathetic, even though it's a romantic comedy. It's still not appealing. Kill La Kill and Maria-Holic does a better job showing that kind of content then this crap.

3. Instead of being clever and keeping the audience confused on who the main antagonist was (just like what the 1st season did). They instead show who it is in the 1st episode. Also why was Rika involved with them? I thought she was buddy buddies with Aria after that one awesome boss fight in season 1(also she help free Aria's mother out of prison)

4. I don't like how they treated all the guys in this show as jerks (Last time I checked there were some nice guys in the last season, so were the freakin heck did they go?), especially former main character Kinji (Who now acts like a complete jackass) (Granted yes he was a jerk before, but not that much. There were times when he showed he had a heart, also yes he was a little nice in the last episode of the "2nd season", but that was only the last episode. It still doesn't help make this season look good.)

5. In the beginning of episode 5 and 11, the anime started to show a recap in what happen the previous episodes before them. I know FUNimation pulled this out from Japan, but they know they can cut that out right? Unless it was going to be shown on Toonami (God knows that's never going to happen. Why would Tom play this travesty?)

6. Episode 11 had a finale boss battle that was so irrelevant, that it had to fill up a little bit of episode 12's time.(By the way Kyo's boss battle sucked as well) So for some particular Kyo (The main antagonist) has a big sister (who again appeared at the last part of episode 11 and fully on 12) who came out of nowhere with a sort of a big mech suit and her mission was if the plan went south she would have to come out and take care of it by herself and also had to kill anyone who tried to stop her. But here's the thing, it wasn't that appealing nor wasn't any good. The fight only lasted for about a few minutes and that was it. The rest of episode 12 was just a waste of time.

That was the absolute worse boss battle I have ever seen in my entire life. Season 1's final boss battle was amazing, the had to defeat a giant vampire, ogre, monster thingy. What was season 2's final boss? A loli in a mech suit. Oh brilliant. Good job creators of this season, great work Fumihiko Shimo (The writer of this horrible sequel.) I applaud your masterpiece. (Kill me)

7. But the worst thing that season 2 has ever given the people who watches and reads the series by far was.... was.... A Perverted Loli Fan-service. In episode 10 (and this was a WTF moment) Akria was about to come after and arrest Kyo when all of sudden we see Kyo half naked (the light and her long hair censored some parts of body, but still AUGGGGH!) trying to get dress while transporting around Akria. An in episode 11 after she got shot by some fast bullet, all of her clothes start to tare off, well except for her bra and panties.

When I saw those moments my mind finally cracked. Not only is this "season" bad, but it's also sick in the head.

You want to know what I rather do then see this crap? I would rather watch Eiken than see this. I would rather watch the Interview (The most controversial movie ever made in the 2010's than see this.) I would rather cut myself than see this. I would rather (and don't take this one seriously because I don't mean it. It's suppose to be a joke.) suck Justin Bieber's dick than see this!

You know what? That's it, it's time to end this review. In conclusion I really despise this season or should I say spin-off. Because this is seriously what it looks like to me. It focuses more on Akria and less of Aria. Aria is just there to give advice and look cool, except in episode 12 where she's finally useful. There's nothing positive I can say about this season, except that it sucks, I wish it never existed and I wished FUNimation wouldn't bring this piece of crap to America. (Aria is literally sharing the same fate Soul Eater did. (Soul Eater Not is what I was talking about))

I'm giving this season a 0/10. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Now if you excuse me I have a holiday to prepare for.

You wanted to know what they could've done in the final episode? Have Isaac from "Children of the Corns" pop out of nowhere and drag all those new characters to hell. That would've been very satisfying ending for this spin-off show.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted December 20, 2015

Today I will be reviewing one of the most interesting anime's that has ever debuted and ever made in 2015 aside from Dragon Ball Super. That show is non other than One Punch Man or Wanpanman in Japanese. Now when I first heard of the show I was little bit interested in reviewing the anime, but later on during the last week of November to some of the days to December I've been seeing this show trend non stop. I couldn't even believe my own eyes, I have never seen an anime trend this much. So without even a 2nd thought I decided I wanted to watch this show and see what was so great about. An to see if it was one of the best anime's of 2015.

"The story takes place in the fictional Japanese metropolis of City Z. The world is full of strange monsters that mysteriously appear and cause disasters. Saitama, the protagonist, is an incredibly powerful hero who easily defeats the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his powers and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can fight him.
On his adventures, he meets new friends, enemies, and his own disciple, the cyborg Genos, and joins the Heroes Association in order to gain fame for all of his efforts to defeat evil. Despite defeating many strong monsters that even the Heroes Association’s top members are unable to defeat, Saitama struggles to gain respect. Most people look down on him due to his plain physical appearance, and some accuse him of being a counterfeit hero. Only a small number of individuals recognize his incredible talent and humility towards others." (Info by wiki)

I have to say, this show is brilliant. It does an excellent job of parodying other anime superhero shows, especially Dragon Ball. Seriously there are some episodes where you get to see a whole lot of Dragon Ball reference or cliché's (episodes 1 and 11-12 for example) . I also love some of the comedy that they have on this show, especially some of the dumbfounded moments. My most favorite was when I found out how Saitama got his powers and this is literally one of the most shocking ways any fiction character can get super powers. Here's what he does everyday, for 3 years he's been doing 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and running 10 kilometers per day. Even "when it's cold outside on a cloudy day" he still continues these workouts. In result he received superhuman strength and speed, but on the downside he lost all his hair.

Another dumbfounded moment was that when he first join the hero administration, he was put on the C- level, instead of A. Well that's ridicules they saw the result of his power when they test him how could they do that to him? Well according to this one episode they thought he was cheating. I don't know how they thought that without any proof and he was shirtless, but whatever it's an anime.

Another character that I like from the show was Saitama's aka Caped Baldy's (I'm not kidding that is literally is superhero name) student name Genos aka Demon Cyborg (Cyborg yes, demon no, but that is his superhero name.) He use to be a normal guy with a normal family, until an evil robot came out nowhere destroying his town, family and some of his body parts. But thanks to a Doctor name Kuseno, he was able to live again as a cyborg. He met Caped Baldy (Snickers) when he was trying to defeat an enemy name Mosquito Girl, but after Saitama defeated her with one slap (Yes, blood was splattered everywhere) he decided he wanted to become his disciple, so that way he can become strong enough to defeat his long time nemesis.

There are other heroes I could go on saying is my favorite, especially class S fighters, in which in my honest opinion they look like and work like a dysfunctional team, but still get the job done. But there is one class S member that I hate with a passion and they do a good job at making him look like a total jerk. An that is non other than Class S's number 1 hero: Blast. He is a pretentious jacka$$, who only comes out to fight when he wants to, he's also a TV actor. I really hated him I was hoping for Saitama to come out and teach that a-hole a lesson he'll never forget, but that didn't happen. Maybe one of the ova's or the manga will show him get his just desserts.

I think I've said enough about this show, it's time to close up. In conclusion This show is hilarious, weird, has an interesting storyline, and some cool, weird, and great characters (besides Blast). In my own honest opinion this is seriously the number 1 best anime of 2015. I know Dragon Ball Super came out as well and it does show true potential as well, but don't get me wrong I love the Dragon Ball franchise, but I would place them in 2nd place. As a fan of the series Dragon Ball can show some interesting parts and then there are sometimes when it can get kind of (no offense) boring, plus it's only showing different versions of how Dragon Ball Battle of the gods and Resurrection F can be told, but with some extra scenes and episodes that has never been shown in the movie. That's good an all and there's nothing wrong with it, but again in my honest opinion I think One Punch Man is still number 1.

If you don't agree with me on this one. Then that's okay, that's your opinion. I'm only speaking my true feelings about this anime and I bet you'll speak yours, as well as anyone else will of theirs. So with that aside, I'm giving this show a 9.8/10. Let me know what you think in the comments

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted November 27, 2015

Once again I'm reviewing another MadHouse anime and coming soon I'm going to be reviewing another one of their anime's. A very popular one. An the review may pack quite a punch. Obvious hints aside, let's move on to the review.

"Yukari is a typical high-school student who listens to her parents and attends school everyday. As she starts to question her way of life, she encounters a group of fashion design students who have a clothing label known as "Paradise Kiss". The group needs to find a model to showcase their designs in an up-coming fashion show and decides to pick Yukari. Initially, Yukari is reluctant to be associated with this seemingly eccentric group, but eventually she realises they are really nice people. Furthermore, their passion and enthusiasm to follow their ideals and dreams make Yukari realize that she has not been enjoying her life and thus motivates her to pursue her own dreams. The story follows Yukari as she gets involved in the group and eventually falls in love with the leader, George." (Info by Anime News Network)

You know it's pretty rare to see an anime that talks about fashion, while combing with real world problems. It's kind of a fascinating subject if you think about it. Because the only thing that we ever receive from Japan lately is mostly action shows. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that it be nice to see a new slice of life anime for once and in awhile. If any of you know any new ones just let me know in the comments.

ParaKiss (Paradise Kiss for short) has been one of the most interesting shows I've seen so far this month aside from When They Cry. They have a very good story plot, intriguing characters with interesting backgrounds (aside from Yukari, Isabella's has to be the 2nd character with the most interesting past. In which you can find out in episode 10), the English voice actors did a pretty good job with voicing the characters as well, and the music was pretty good too. (Also if it wasn't for this show I would've never heard of Franz Ferdinand.)

But with every good side there's always a bad one in every anime. Because we all know, not every anime is perfect, there good sometimes, but not always perfect.

1. During the sex scene between George and Yukari, the episode quickly switch to a different sex scene between Miwako and Arashi, then immediately switch back to George and Yukari. It's like the creator is saying this to you "Hey, do you wanna see an awesome sex scene between Yukari and George?" "Well fudge you, your going to see 2 of the other main character's screw off with each other as well for no particular reason, then you may get back to George and Yukari."

2. I don't understand why they did this, but in one episode before it ended, Yukari explains to the audience what happen when she got back home and explain in full detail on how she felt when she got slapped by her mother. In the next episode they finally show that scene, what the heck Osamu (The director of this show).

3. I understand that this anime only has 12 episodes, but that doesn't give them the right to make the show feel a little rush. In my opinion they should've took there time.

4. Speaking of feeling a little rush, Yukari and George's relationship felt the exact same thing, the only time it felt normal was in episode 11. That's, that's pretty sad.

Which leaves me with number 5. I feel like this show needed more episodes. So that way it could take it's time with the story and the love relationship between Yukari and George, I think maybe 20 episodes would've been good.

Aside from that, the show is alright. Plus I did like how this one character (who is mostly scene in the manga I guess) product plug himself in the anime. By the way if you see any weird creatures in the beginning of episode 1-10, don't question or ask about it. I have no idea why their there.

In conclusion ParaKiss is an anime with some ups and downs, but is still a pretty good anime that blends real world problems and fashion in a very interesting way. I'm giving this anime a 7.8/10, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Bonus note: The person that created the manga of ParaKiss was the one and only Ai Yazawa. She also created another manga that is still going to this day and was also created into anime by MadHouse themselves. I also reviewed it as well. The anime/manga that I'm referring to is called Nana.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted November 12, 2015

(Warning: This review is going to look a little different from my original draft. As the original one didn't look too great and spoiled a certain arc. So I had to edit something's in and out.)

Today I will be review an anime called Higurashi: When They Cry. A very mysterious and gruesome show that had my curiosity at peak. I've been hearing about the anime and been seeing gifs about it as well this year. It's been bugging me so much that I decided to go and watch all 26 episodes of the 1st season. An after watching it, I think I'll probably never be the same again.

"After moving into the quiet town of Hinamizawa, Maebara Keiichi spends his days blissfully in school often playing games with his local friends. However, appearances can be deceiving. One fateful day, Keiichi stumbles upon news of a murder that had occurred in Hinamizawa. From this point on, horrific events unfold in front of Keiichi, as he soon learns his close friends may not be all that they seem. Based on the amateur mystery game by 07th Expansion, the story is told in a series of different scenarios." (Info by Anime News Network)

This show was a...... how should I put this, a dozy one to watch. After watching episode 1-4, the series decided to switch into a whole new different arc. At first I was confused, but later on I began to understand. It was trying to show different worlds or variations of how the town goes topsy turvy. While also showing the main characters perspective of their time living in the curse town of Hinamizawa.

Each arc was very intriguing to watch, but I have to say my most favorite arc would have to be the Rena arc. I can't tell you what happens because that would be spoiling, but I can tell you a little bit of why you should see this arc. From disapproving her father's evil girlfriend to believing there are extraterrestrial out there coming to ruin the town, and an insane murder. The Shino arc was original my first favorite, but after seeing the Rena one. I just had to put the Shino arc in 2nd place.

There were some problems I had with show though.

1. Rena's English voice actor (Plug your ears when she's yelling)

2. In the last arc (spoilers) how did Keiichi remember what he did in the 1st arc (It's never explain in the anime)

3. The anime never explains who Rika really is. Because according to the last part of the final episode, she looked like she's done this before. Maybe it will be explain in the 2nd season, who knows. But here's my theory, Rika is probably the puppet master who controls the fates of these characters.

But hey that's just a theory, an Anime theory. I'll just have to find out in the next season, in which I'll watch later on in 2 weeks time. In conclusion this is a very dark show, with very interesting and gruesome arcs that will keep you to the edge of your seats. I'm giving this show an 8.8/10, let me know what you think about this season and it's arcs in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted December 10, 2015

(Warning: Some edits had to be made here.)

On my previous review I was both confused and interested with Season 1 of Higurashi When They Cry. I could only understand some of the things that season 1 threw at me, but as soon as I finished season 2. All the pieces of the puzzle came together and I soon finally understood the whole plot of this story. But before I can explain even further and give my honest opinion about the 2nd season. I should probably show you the plot of season 2's storyline.

"Continuing from the first series, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai begins to shed some light on the dark mysteries prevalent in the preceding season. The young group of friends in the town of Hinamizawa continue to enter terrible conflicts with one another in their never ending summer of 1983, often ending with the brutal murder of one of their numbers. Furude Rika, with the help of her spiritual friend Hanyuu, tackles challenges over and over, trying her best to keep their lives from coming to a tragic end. With no end to the torture in sight, Rika must call upon the bonds of friendship and trust among her friends to discover the true villain of this eternal June." (Info by Anime News Network)

So for what I can understand from here, Season 1 was actually just a prologue to the real story (Which is actually Season 2) and the main character or should I say characters is actually not Keiichi, but Rika Furude and Hanyuu and the main antagonist who was causing all this destruction was actually Miyo Takano (What a twist).

In my honest opinion I love how season 2 was played. I've enjoyed how they connected both seasons together and made them into 2 parts. The story line was intense and it helped fill in some plot holes of what was going on in the last season, the twist that they had in there was unexpected, and the characters were pretty good, especially the villain.

Speaking of the villain, I actually feel bad for Miyo. Yes I understand she hurt a lot of people, but she was really just a young woman who wanted to help her adopted grandfather's research to be realized and be successful instead of it being a joke and just something for scientist and people to laugh at. Deep down inside she's just a misunderstood character who had a struggling life. An yes I know all villains do, but she's one of the few bad ones where you have to feel sorry for and I hadn't felt that way for a bad guy ever since I saw Blood+.

But there is something that actually bother me about this season. Hanyuu is later to be revealed as a Kami (a God), but that's not the problem. The real problem is that she didn't even know that Miyo was behind all the travesty until the middle part of Season 2, not only that, but she didn't even try to stop Miyo until the very near end of the season.

The 2nd problem is that when Miyo was pointing the gun at Mion, she volunteer to take the shot in order to cleanse Miyo's sins (SYMBOLISM!!!), but instead of taking the shot, she dodge it (No Symbolism?!, WTF). Isn't she suppose to be a God? Couldn't she take the shot and not have anything happen to her or just disintegrate the bullet or the gun for that matter? No she just dodges it, like it would actually kill her.

Well aside from that nonsensical part the season was still sort of a hit anyway, so it's okay in my book. By the way if you haven't seen the 1st season, I suggest you go see that first before you go see the last one. I'm giving this season a 8.5/10 let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted November 3, 2015

Before I get on to this subject I want to talk about a certain genre called slice of life. SOL is a genre where it connects to our everyday experiences in real life. Some popular show's that have done this, as I'm sure you are probably familiar with: Azumanaga Daioh, Lucky Star, Watamote, and Clannad. Now lately slice of life is not as popular as other genre's that most people are into watching, which is ongoing, action, horror, and of course fan-service. Now I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, no I'm just Saiyan that I think we need to give slice of life a chance and help that genre to become more popular as well. Maybe this anime I'm reviewing can persuade you to help out and maybe it won't, I guess will have to see.

"Nana Osaki is a punk singer who wants to debut with her band, Black Stones (BLAST for short), where she is the lead vocalist and her boyfriend, Ren, is the bassist. Nana and Ren have lived together as lovers since she was 16. When Ren is offered a chance to debut in Tokyo as a replacement member of the popular band, Trapnest (Toranesu in Japanese), Nana chooses to continue on with BLAST and to cultivate her own career instead of following Ren, as she has too much ambition to simply be a rockstar's girlfriend. She eventually leaves for Tokyo at the age of twenty to start her musical career.
Nana Komatsu, the other Nana, has a habit of falling in love at first sight all the time, and depending on other people to help her. When her friends, and then her boyfriend, leave for Tokyo, she decides to join them a year later after having saved enough money at the age of twenty.
The two Nanas meet on a train by chance, both on their way to Tokyo. After a string of coincidences, they come to live together in an apartment numbered 707 (nana means "seven" in Japanese). Despite having contrasting personalities and ideals, the Nanas respect each other and become close friends.
Nana Osaki gives Nana Komatsu the nickname Hachi (after Hachikō, because she is weak-willed and has characteristics that resemble a puppy, and also as a joke since hachi means "eight" and nana means "seven" in Japanese).
While BLAST begins to gain popularity at live gigs, the two Nanas face many other issues together, especially in the areas of friendship and romance. The story of Nana revolves heavily around the romance and relationships of the two characters as one seeks fame and recognition while the other seeks love and happiness." (Info by wiki)

I really do appreciate how this anime shows 2 stories with 2 characters with the same name, but with different backgrounds of course. Nana O's story shows the life of a person going through hard times, a rock and roll life, and romance. While Nana K. shows love, happiness, and the experience of leaving the nest (sort of.) The examples that they've shown in the anime is very spot on to how some people in real life would act in these situations. Some of you might not see this as interesting or something to learn about, but it is helpful and fun to watch at the same time non of the less.

The romance in this series is also pretty interesting too. Though there is one in particular that has caught my eye. The relationship between Nana O and K. You may see them get along really well and (Spoilers ahead) yes there is one episode when Nana O. kisses Hachi on the lips, but trust me when I say this and sorry to disappoint you, but it doesn't go anywhere. But aside from that Hachi's love relationship has been a pretty interesting one. She's been with some guys, but hasn't found the right one until she met Takumi from the band Trapnest.

His character is like Kyoya from the Ouran series, but there's sort of a difference between them. Both can be cold-hearted, all about business, and caring and show a soft spot one or couple of times, but the main difference between him and Kyoya is that sometimes Takumi can be a playboy. But none of the less he's still a good guy in the end (sort of.)

My favorite character would have to be Nana O. Even though Hachi's is a dozy to deal with. O's story is very deep and personal. She might be rude, stubborn, and persistent at times. But deep down inside she just really wants to have a good family that she never had before and wants to keep her friendship with Hachi stable. Hachi also wants the same thing as well, in fact their narration at the beginning of each episodes tell how they feel about their lives and their relationship with each other.

There are other characters that have interesting stories too, but I won't go and make this review anymore longer than it is. Your just going to have to find out yourselves. Now I do have one problem with this anime and that is episode 6 and 7. There just the same episodes like the previous ones except according to the wiki, it's in detail form. I think it would've been necessary if those where the episodes instead of the longer versions. That way it can be 45, instead of 47 episodes. I know they wanted to make the show longer, but this is just a sad excuse. They could've just replace those 2 longer ones with 2 OVA's.

In conclusion this is one of the best slice of life anime's I've ever seen lately and I think you might like this one 2, if you just gave it a try. I'm giving this series a 9/10. Let me know what you think about this show in the comments.

Bonus note: 1. The manga is still going it's just on hiatus. 2. This anime was produce by Madhouse (That's right the same company that's responsible for: Death Note, Overlord, No game No Life, Trigun, Princess Resurrection, Parayste, One Punch Man and Black F'N Lagoon.) 3. They made a couple of games for this series (I've never played nor seen gameplay so I don't know if those games are good or not.) 4. Random Japanese artist were so inspired by this show that there is an album with them sing different songs about it.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted November 19, 2015

(Warning: Before you begin reading this review allow to explain something 1st. I made this review before this show went dark and start swearing. An before you say anything no I have nothing against it being dark or that fact that they have swearing in there now. To be perfectly honest I really don't care if this show had any swearing or if it was dark or not. This show would still be good either.Currently right now I'm liking the direction that the writers are going and I hope they keep up the good work.)

The following review is dedicated to the late great Monty Oum. May he rest in piece.

"The story takes place in the world of Remnant, which is filled with supernatural forces and shadowy creatures known as the "Creatures of Grimm". Prior to the events of the series, mankind waged a battle of survival against the Grimm before discovering the power of a mysterious element called Dust, which allowed them to fight back against the monsters. In the present day, Dust is used to power abilities and weapons. Those who use these abilities to battle the Grimm are known as Huntsmen or Huntresses.The series focuses on four girls, each with her own unique weapon and powers. Together, they form team RWBY at Beacon Academy in the city of Vale, where they are trained to become Huntresses alongside team CRDL (pronounced "cardinal"), team JNPR (pronounced "juniper"), team SSSN (pronounced "sun") and team CFVY (pronounced "coffee")." (Info by wiki)

What can I say about this show? Oh I know... it's absolutely brilliant. The story is well done, the characters are awesome, the music especially the opening ones are pretty catchy, and as for the comedy.... is actually pretty good. It's pretty rare for me to see an anime that can actually make me laugh and have a good time at the same time (Dragon Ball, Sgt. Frog, and maybe FLCL can be a couple of prime examples that have made me laugh.)

Every time when I watch RWBY I get so captivated in every awesome scene. It's even had me at the edge of my seat for some upcoming secrets that would be revealed soon. My favorite characters would have to be Team RWBY and who can blame me for liking them. Their kind of like a happy family with awesome weapons. Ruby with her Scythe/Gun, Weiss with her Sword/Gun, Yang with her twin gauntlet, and Blake with her whip/gun.

Another thing I like about this show is that it doesn't swear at all. Not that I don't have a problem with it, it's just that it's pretty rare to see a TV-PG anime that doesn't swear at all. It's still a pretty good show without it anyway.

Another thing that I like about this show so far is that the students including RWBY are learning a lot through their adventures and it kind of makes me feel excited to see what they might become in the near future.

Even though Monty died, the show is still continuing and Lie Ren who was formally played by him was replace by his brother Neath. I bet in spirit Monty is proud and glad that his show is still continuing to entertain us. Me, the fans of RWBY, and the workers of the show will all miss him. I myself will consider him a legend and as for his show. I will consider that one of the greatest anime's that ever debuted in 2010 era (right next to Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, and Assassination Classroom.)

In conclusion RWBY is very thrilling, fun, and entertain show that you, your family, and even your friends can enjoy watching. An it also keeps on getting even more interesting in every episode. I'm giving this show a 10/10 (Note: I didn't give it a 10/10 because Monty died, I gave it that score because I think it deserved it.) Let me know what you think in the comments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 11