• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dōjin Circle Numbers Reveal Top Series at Comiket 92

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Even taking this into consideration, myrmecoleon notes that the drop in Touhou Project and Mr. Osomatsu circles is more than expected.

I wonder how much of this has been caused by the Touhou-specific fan conventions picking up steam these past few years. Just looking at the Touhou music scene, almost every major Touhou band released an album earlier this year at Reitaisai 14.

In terms of "official" Touhou releases, though, Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons will premier at Comiket 92, and will no doubt inspire a lot of new doujin featuring "Summer Cirno".
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
The usual stuff, not surprised and not bad at all. Although I thought YOI would be slightly higher up seeing it's popularity among the fujo crowd.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Four years since the launching of KanColle as a browser title, and the number of artwork produced for it is still at stratospheric levels! Smile The fact that a small group of new Shipgirls (one of them actually a submarine) may have been a recent contributing factor to the high scores.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Everything here is awful except for TouRabu and Love Live... except most of the Love Live stuff is probably Aqours now, so toss that in the trash pile as well.

I wonder what it would take for something good to get popular... though, I think coming events will likely have a certain someone who wears a lot of purple climbing back up that list as a purple bar, with either of two love interests in green (though he's stated his choice quite clearly - check the latest Newtype cover).
Kyjin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Only events definitely take a toll on what's at Comiket. For example, I noticed how low Enstars is this year, and that could be because they had several only-type events in the last month or two. Same for several other mobage titles for girls.

I'm curious to see how long the Yuri on Ice splurge for doujin will go. It's taken over premium space at K-Books and Toranoana in Ikebukuro, but the books themselves are getting cheaper in resale. I wouldn't be surprised if its dies down a bit by the end of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised that Tiger & Bunny is still holding on as a property despite no new animation for years. I know it's a series that people would like to see brought back for another season, but it's surprising to see it fairing almost as well as Osomatsu-san despite the latter's anime being more recent.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 am Reply with quote
Kantai Collection still taking the lead is not too surprising than I thought given that more new fleet girls are slowly popping up.

And also, I bet Kemono Friends is going to hit bigger numbers by the time its second season ever comes out.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
world trigger up so high? seriously? that series is still popular in japan?

osomatsu may have dropped now but when s2 comes out it'll zoom back up for sure

also the longevity of T&B is surprising

also, kemono friends not being in the chart is a surprise too..............
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:53 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The usual stuff, not surprised and not bad at all. Although I thought YOI would be slightly higher up seeing it's popularity among the fujo crowd.

It's seventh, which is still very good for a newer series! It's also the highest-ranked non-Touhou, non-mobile gaming franchise (yeah, Fate isn't really a "mobile game franchise", but it has gained about 800 circles since Grand Order launched).
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
Kyjin wrote:
Only events definitely take a toll on what's at Comiket. For example, I noticed how low Enstars is this year, and that could be because they had several only-type events in the last month or two. Same for several other mobage titles for girls.

I'm curious to see how long the Yuri on Ice splurge for doujin will go. It's taken over premium space at K-Books and Toranoana in Ikebukuro, but the books themselves are getting cheaper in resale. I wouldn't be surprised if its dies down a bit by the end of the year.

It shouldn't be surprising at all considering Yuri on Ice isn't mobage (like everything ahead of it since fate is basically G/O now) or Touhou and hasn't had new content in almost a year. Though the rumor based on some panels is that the movie is coming out next Feb after the olympics so it should kick back up after that.

The real surprise is that kemono friends isn't there? I wonder why? Maybe its just a more casual audience.
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:

You might don't know but the manga is really popular in fujoshi community. The manga sales is also really high.

harminia wrote:

Of course, the anime just ended last season. It's just there is no much time to make a doujinshi in 1 month.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
FukuchiChiisaia wrote:
harminia wrote:

You might don't know but the manga is really popular in fujoshi community. The manga sales is also really high.

harminia wrote:

Of course, the anime just ended last season. It's just there is no much time to make a doujinshi in 1 month.

There is plenty of time. The last episode aired in March- its been four months. This should actually be the height of KF doujinshi until the game comes out since mobage seems to increase doujinshi by a lot. Its been 4 months and the show has less than 100 circles. You can't pretend that isnt weird.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Nanoha circles are now below 107 at Comiket? That series kept the doujinshi flowing for so long. Pretty sure either last Comiket or the on before there were still 200 circles for it.
rxargyros

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
shingeki no kyojin got 266!!.... I'm speechless!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1