• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note's L Spinoff's Trailer with Footage Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quote
This is huge totally huge news. More Death Note for fans of the show.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
o.o Did I just see Misa Amane in the trailer? And the Death Note?

...er..quite interesting to me....

She's wearing the same outfit as in the movie, but..*scratches head.* I don't know why that would be randomly put in there.

Either way, It seems to portray a little more about L's life, I'm guessing...Which I've always wanted to know. <33

DN is going to play in France, huh? Cool. Aren't they going to premiere it in theaters out here? Limited showing?
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was supposed to be about the BB Murder cases that are mentioned by Naomi, so I'm not sure what the DN and Misa are about.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh.
The encyclopedia entry says it covers...uhm..well You need to see DN:The Last Name to well. Yeah
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Death Note, so I would love to see this movie.
domino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I know most people have probably already seen or read Death Note by now, but is anyone else troubled by the huge, glaring spoiler in the encyclopedia entry for this movie (plot summary section)? Even without the spoiler, though, it's just a lousy summary (and not really a summary at all). Probably should be removed.

Anyway, I love the Death Note movies and think that while Light was poorly cast, L was absolutely perfect and amazing, so I look forward to this movie. Will try to go on premier day.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Oh.
The encyclopedia entry says it covers...uhm..well You need to see DN:The Last Name to well. Yeah

I saw it...Bought it at the mall (darn bootleg), But I'm buying the DVD again when Viz brings it out.

Hmm...
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quote
If you guys don't mind discs from another region, the South Korean boxset is only about $30 for both movies, and there are English subtitles included. Overall it's a pretty good translation too. There are only a few errors, which is a rare treat for a South Korean DVD. I have it, and it was worth every penny.
jetz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote
Interesting trailer. [fangirl] L is one hot guy [/fangirl]. I haven't seen the other movies, but the trailer made me interested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
perpetual159

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
Anyway, I love the Death Note movies and think that while Light was poorly cast, L was absolutely perfect and amazing, so I look forward to this movie. Will try to go on premier day.

Hmm.... I watched both Death Note motion pictures and I really wasn't impressed; I was actually bored, and the story is so WAY off, but I figure they have to do that for the sake of keeping the movie at a decent length. The anime was SO much better, and the characters were more believable and so easy to totally love, or totally despise--that's when you know there is great acting involved. It's kind of like Orlando Bloom... he kicked so much ass in Lord of the Rings, and I enjoyed watching him then, yet in Troy, he was SUCH a selfish pansy, that to this day, that role he played is still stuck with me, and I really don't like him because of it... every time I see him in any other film, I just keep thinking of how he ruined everything in Troy and brought two nations to war--thus I feel he tried to redeem himself by playing the role of Balian de Ibelin in Kingdom of Heaven. So... when you hate a character so much that when you see him/her playing another role and still reminds you of another, you know the acting was good.

In any case, if I were any of you... I'd stick with the Anime or Manga... the movies were LOUSY, and so was the acting and plot. There's no need for some retarded spin-off, considering they screwed up the first time around. There was no possible way for them to condense such a great story in about four hours with two movies and have it maintain its greatness... and now, they're using the story--and probably the anime and manga's success as a marketing tool to just make more money, disregarding the fact that the first two times around they butchered the whole thing. But... that happens everywhere... especially in Hollywood, so I don't think anyone is new to the whole concept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
L probably=recycled footage from the DN movies with about 30 minutes of new material. Rolling Eyes
testorschoice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
L probably=recycled footage from the DN movies with about 30 minutes of new material. Rolling Eyes

Uh, studios like Nikkatsu and Warner don't hire the director of Ring and Dark Water and shoot for three straight months, just for 30 minutes of footage.

I've figured it out--if Gatsu uses the eye-rolling emoticon, then we know that's when he is the most wrong. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
testor:
Quote:
Uh, studios like Nikkatsu and Warner don't hire the director of Ring and Dark Water and shoot for three straight months, just for 30 minutes of footage.

*cough* Superman II *cough*
testorschoice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
testor:
Quote:

*cough* Superman II *cough*

Uh, Superman II--any cut of Superman II--had more than 30 minutes of new footage.

A bad use of an analogy, that was wrong to begin with, isn't helping you any. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
testor:
Quote:
Uh, Superman II--any cut of Superman II--had more than 30 minutes of new footage.

Not the Lester version, anyway...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2