• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria English Dub Kickstarter Adds Stretch Goal for All Remaining Anime, Including Aria The Avv

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. I remember watching a preview episode at a Right Stuf panel when they first got the show, and not caring much for it at the time since I wasn't into slice of life or anything like that at the time. Now, though, my tastes have changed to where I suspect I'd enjoy it.
Caramichael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
You can watch it on Crunchyroll to get an impression!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Aria The Avvenire did technically start in 2015....December, but most of it was 2016

As I said before, I care not for a dub but I'm super excited for these Blu-ray releases.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be fantastic. I'm amazed at how fast we're hitting the stretch goals.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
crossing my fingers in hoping someone licenses the manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:

wait a minute. I thought tokyopop already licensed the ARIA manga a long time ago. at least it was announced that they were before it went under.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AholePony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
It looks like it'll be $150+ backing to get all seasons? Hmm decisions decisions....
lemurs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
AholePony wrote:
It looks like it'll be $150+ backing to get all seasons? Hmm decisions decisions....

$130 gets you season 1 (13 episodes) and all of season 2 (26 episodes). And if the Kickstarter hits the $360k milestone, season 3 will be offered as an add-on item.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Lizzie_B wrote:

wait a minute. I thought tokyopop already licensed the ARIA manga a long time ago. at least it was announced that they were before it went under.

They barely got Volume 6 out after all those delays before stopping all publications. I hope they don't still have it...

Hopefully, Kozue Amano or whomever the licensor is isn't soured by two failed attempts at localizing Aria to completion...
flammie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

From the news article:
"ADV Manga released the first three of 12 total volumes of Kozue Amano's original Aria manga series in North America, then Tokyopop released the first six volumes. Tokyopop also released the two-volume Aqua prequel manga in North America."

I personally bought the ADV vol 1-3 and then the Tokyopop 4-6 + Aqua 1-2. After Tokyopop went under and it was apparent no one was going to rescue the Aria manga, I threw in the towel and read scanlations for 7-12.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I think that $360k is possible though it would have been more likely had they put season 3 at a slightly lower tier and had the OVAs at $360k.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
I think that $360k is possible though it would have been more likely had they put season 3 at a slightly lower tier and had the OVAs at $360k.

No, it looks like they want to do a single season three + OVA release. And apparently, Nozomi licensed Avvenire and we're paying for it. Or else dubbing 4 episodes and some still pictures is equal to another complete season.

I guess the best course of action for me would be to go for season 1 and The Natural with the box... but then the covers won't match? It'll be like a two year pre order where I'll have to pay upfront... and even then I don't know how much that final set could cost...

Quote:
We have put a couple of extended stretch goals beyond.  When you reach the next goal, we will include the Japanese Avvenire commentary - which is 90 minutes of round table discussion including the Japanese cast, the Director, and cast commentary on Avvenire.  This is a really amazing piece, and as I mentioned is really long.   But worth it to any fan!  And if we make it here during the Kickstarter, we will make it EXCLUSIVELY for the Kickstarter backers and will not put it on the mainstream release.

One of the best parts of the DVDs are "I'm Sorry, Venice", a documentary about Sato's own exploits in making the series. Why do I feel this special roundtable should not be exclusive?
TEXASenpai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I'll back once the Season 3 and OVAs are hit.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:19 am Reply with quote
Not a fan that the box only available with other things like patches and a mug =/
Flah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 am Reply with quote
TEXA Senpai: Why wait? If you put your money into the campaign now, it'll get to 360k more quickly and you'll still be eligible to get the last set after.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2